9

theodora rushed through the think jungle as she could hear footsteps closely behind her within seconds she was knocked over. she coughed before kicking the attacking in the shine was all the force that she had. she reached for her hatchet as she stumbled to her feet.

her eyes were filled with determination as brutus approached her again. he had no weapons but he was a career so he could win without it. she was unproved by his sudden movement as he knocked her down again, making her drop her hatchet. she screamed thrashing underneath him as he tried to strangle her but she fought back with all of her strength she really had left scratching his eyes before managing to flip them over so she was now strangling him.

he thrashed underneath her grip but she didn't falter once. he let out a deranged laugh before smashing his elbow in her chest throwing her back on the ground before punching her hard. brutus went to throw another punch but with pure luck theodora avoided it.

she was quick to get up and throw her hatchet at him hitting him right in the middle of the head. within seconds the a cannon went off and the eighteen year old stumbled over in severe pain as she grabbed the hatchet from his head.

"theo!" someone yelled. "theodora!"

theodora saw finnick come into view eyes widening at her state and the dead man next to her.

"are you okay?" he asked.

she gave him a thumbs up. "i'm fine i can handle it." she threw herself into her brothers arms before gasping "we have to find johanna and get back to katniss"

finnick nodded supporting his sisters weight as they walked towards the lightning tree. "i think i broke something." theodora groaned.

theodora knew the tree was a few yards away from them and suddenly a flash of light erupted ahead. "beete" she stated looking at finjick.

faintly the two could hear katniss yelling for peeta in the distance. the two ran closer to the tree. they saw beetee lying motionless on the ground.

"katniss! where are you?" finnick called out and to his surprise she was crouched behind a bush arrow pointed at them.

"katniss! what are you doing?" theodora asked dropping her weapon as finnick did the same holding their hands up in surrender.

"katniss. remember who the real enemy is." finnick cautiously spoke.

katniss lowered her boy and looked up at the sky, the clouds swirling the tree above to indicate that lightning was happening soon.

"katniss get away from that tree!" finnck yelled as katniss wrapped wire around her arrow.

theodora's eyes widened with shock, "katniss no!"

"katniss get away from the tree!" finnick tried again but it was no use she shot the arrow once she saw lightning come down a scream ripping from her throat. gimmick was flung back by the explosion and he watched with wide eyes as theodora was flung close to him but her head hit a tree trunk. she didn't move. and then everything went black

———

regulus stared at the tv in confusion was she okay. she had to be okay. everything just went black as if the connection was lost. regulus, rick and lyla sat in silence for a moment.

"what just happened?" lyla finally broke the silence.

regulus shrugged, "katniss must have broken the signal when she shot the arrow. we don't know anything. she could be okay."

"regulus-" rick started to say but was cut off when someone walked onto the room.

"who the hell are you?" rick asked standing in front of his wife and the snow boy.

"we are from district 13 and have come to get you out of here. snow wants to take down anyone with connections to what just happened." is all the person said. regulus was shocked district thirteen existed and they were starting a rebellion.

authors note: and this concludes catching fire!