6

"i counted twelve." katniss said, her eyes half closed trying to fight sleep.

"midnight?" finnick suggested as theodora moved her head against his shoulder in her sleep.

"or the number of districts?" katniss suggested. off in the distance an oddly shaped tree was getting hit with lightning repeatedly.

theodora jolted awake when she heard a scream. she looked over to see katniss in pain and finnick was rushing his sister up now.

"run, run! the fog is poison!" katniss cried out as she helped peeta up.

theodora was still half asleep as her brother dragged her as they ran through the forest. theodora felt a surging pain flow through her body as the fog made contact with her back. she bit her cheek to not scream as tears hit her eyes. everything was happening so quickly, kathie's fell to the ground with a loud thud which made peeta go back to her. as the group continued peeta fell over quickly pulling him before they fell down a hill. theodora shifted back in pain as the fog came closer she thought this was the end but it all of a sudden stopped not hitting them anymore.

theodora laid in pain she couldn't move. "come on theo." finnick groaned trying to pull his sister towards the water. "dora please." he choked out. peeta ran to her other side and helped finnick drag his sister to the water. theodora screamed in pain when the water hit her.

"i'm sorry dora it'll be over soon." finnick whispered. all of a sudden she felt nothing as she slowly opened her eyes.

"finn." she breathed out hugging her brother. she pulled away and could see how worried she looked. "i'm okay. we are okay."

her eyes widened slightly as she caught something in the trees. they looked like monkeys who were out to kill them.

"guys." she quickly said grabbing her hatchet. katniss noticed what the blonde was looking at grabbing her bow.

"peeta?" katniss said calmly.

"yeah?" he turned around oblivious to the monkeys.

"walk over here slowly"

peter turned his head back for a second and came face to face with one of the mutts, which bared his teeth at him and growled. peeta deeply went towards the others. "get to the beach." katniss told them.

and just like that the creatures started to attack them. theodora raised her hatchet slamming it into one of the monkeys before continuing.

katniss finally saw what haymitch was saying this wasn't even a person and the smaller odair was killing these mutts in a way that was so ruthless it almost made her forget how sweet the blonde girl was.

finnick pulled his sister towards him as peeta said, "we need to go to beach."

back in district 4, regulus watched as the group ran through the woods, the animalistic creatures following them. he watched as one of the morphings was thrown to the ground as theodora swung her hatchet at the mutts. regulus wouldn't say it out loud but he thought she looked attractive like that. maybe that was sick and twisted but it's what he thought. he watched as peeta pushed the mutt off the morphing.

"who is that?" katniss asked.

"a morphling help me get her." peeta said. he watched as the odair siblings kept the mutts back as they approached the shore.

the two siblings fell down when one of the monkeys leaped at finnick as they rolled on the beach but the monkeys didn't pass.

the camera turned to theodora who turned around as the cannon sounded. regulus noticed how sad she looked when she realized the person who saved peeta had died. regulus hated seeing her sad and wished he could do something about it.

———

theodora watched as the hovercraft took away the morphling that saved peeta. theodora knew if she came out of this she might be even more fucked up than the last time. more broken. she sat quietly in front of the water just staring at nothing. she hadn't said a word to anyone for a while. her eyes were almost dull as she stared. she missed regulus. she just wanted him to hold her. she missed his comfort. his presence. his everything. she slightly looked over as finnick sat next to her holding a dead fish.

finnick went to speak when screams erupted from another part of the rain forest and theodora quickly grabbed her hatchet. as they approached katniss and peeta a huge wave crashed. one cannon went off and then everything was normal. "someone's here." katniss suddenly said grabbing an arrow.

theodora ready her hatchet in a firm grip. they all hide but as soon as she realized who it was she stepped out startling the three. it seemed that finnick realized who it was too as they yelled each others name. "theodora!" johanna yelled hugging the girl.

theo sadly smiled. "i'm going to go sit down."

johanna gave a sad smile, "did something happen?"

finnick looked at his sister who was now sitting looking at her necklace again, "i'm not sure."

"what do you mean?"

"after the morphling died i thought it was cause of that cause of what happened in her games when the girl sacrificed herself to save theo but i think it's something else. she's looking at her necklace a lot."

"maybe she missed someone."

finnicks eyes widened, "her boyfriend. she's scared she won't get back to him."

when theodora returned to they were on the way to the cornucopia. "the entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock. with a new threat every hour. they stay only within their boundaries. it all starts with the lightning than the blood rain, fog, monkeys. that's the first four hours. at ten that big wave hits from over there." beatee explains.

"wiress, you are a genius." finnick said as the siblings pass her. theodora still wasn't talking much.

"hey." finnick whispered to her.

"hi." she mumbled. "i'm fine finnick i promise."

"i know you aren't okay." he said as the others continued their conversation. "it's fucked this whole situation. us being in here together."

she sadly laughed, "yeah. i also just miss regulus."

in the capitol at the mention of the name president snow sat forward. his grandson had fallen in love with someone from the districts.

"regulus?" finnick asked.

"my boyfriend. that's his name." she hummed. finnick went to respond but was cut off as theodora gasped seeing wiress getting her throat cut by gloss. everyone got into motion as more tributes circled in. blood was spilled as they fought together to stay alive and more cannons went off.

as the last of them tried to escape theo attempted to rush after them but she started sleeping when the floor underneath her started moving. she fell to the ground, trying to grip on the wet rocks proved to be impossible and as the cornucopia moved with increase she felt herself fall down.

"dora!" finnick yelled when he saw his sister reaching for her. "dora please!"

theodora tried to reach for her brother but fell into the water and didn't emerge again. a cannon went off. "no" finnick cried out.

at home lyla and rick wylan watched as regulus cried unsure of who that cannon was for.