The evening

"Can I leave the table ," Henry asked. He had finished his large portion of fish fingers and waffles. "No wait for Jack to finish please," I said looking over to Jack's semi full plate of food. "Mmmmmmm hurry up Jack," he shouted at his younger brother. When Jack had finished they both ran off the their rooms as I cleaned the kitchen. Then I went upstairs to check on Jack. I knocked on his door before entering. "You Ok Jack," I asked . He was sat on the floor playing with lego. "Yes," he replied without looking up at me. "So what you making?" He explained for a while about his lego buildings and Kinetics. I could tell he was a very intelligent boy. I sat down on the floor with him and we talked for a small while longer until I checked the time and realised it was coming up to 7:30. "Right Jack should we get changed for bed?" I asked him. "Ok," he said standing up. I picked up a pair of his training pants and walked to where he was standing. He lifted his arms up so I could take his T-shirt off him and remove his trousers. He was clearly well rehearsed in this routine. I removed his underwear, and held out the pull up. "Step in," I instructed, as I pulled it into place. He then put on his pajamas. "Right I'm going to get your brother changed." "All right," he said continuing to play.

I knocked on Henry's door.  "Come in."
"Time to get changed, Henry" I said. "I'll do that myself later," he said while engrossed in his video game. "Henry, your Mum said for me to do it." I did expect some pushback from him as I understood it may be a might awkward for him at his age to be changed by someone other than his mum, but I was only following the instructions I was given. "No it's fine," he replied his eyes still glued to his game. I didn't want to treat like he was younger than he was but he wasn't leaving me with much choice. I decided to try and reach a compromise with him. "How about this, I'll come back in a few minutes when your game is finished then we we'll get you changed." "All right fine," he replied.

I went back to Jack's room. "Do you want to go and have some dessert now?" I asked him. "All right," he said getting up excitingly. As he got up I noticed his pull up was slightly enlarged through his pajama bottoms. "Stand still for a second please," I asked Jack. I pulled his bottoms down and felt the front of his pull up. It was wet as I suspected. "Your wet Jack," I said. He didn't seem to know he had gone. "Let's get you changed," I said to him. I grabbed another pull up and a pack of baby wipes next to the pile. Without me asking he rolled up his T-shirt as I pulled down his pull up for him to step out of. I began to wipe his crotch area. He was clearly well rehearsed in being changed after an accident as well.  I guess it wasn't my job to toilet train him, just to look after him. I held out his new pull up to step into. I then realised Henry still needed changing. "Im going to get your brother changed, I'll get you some dessert when I'm back down," I told him.