Chapter 14

(A/N: I SHALL WARN YOU THERE IS SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER.)

The air was crisp and perfect for the day. "I know you're a little worried about them. But just let them be. They'll be fine over there."

Margarine and Tarte were walking through the forest, looking for a big tree to put in the center of the kingdom. "A little?! From what I overheard, the Cookies of Darkness are also there! And you know I can't let my grandbabies OR their friend get hurt by them! Someone told me they'd used one of their friends to sneak in, those dirty Cookies of Darkness," Tarte replied.

Buttercream huffed and went to coil itself around a tree in frustration. Margarine scratched the back of his neck, exhaling. She'd been like this since she got the call from her granddaughters. As the trio kept wandering through the forest, Tarte felt something touch her hand. It then went away. "What the–"

Looking up, she saw snow falling from the sky. And among the snowflakes, someone flew. "Is that Sherbet?" Margarine asked.

Tarte nodded with a smile as Buttercream flew upward, catching Sherbet by surprise. He then laughed and hugged the dragon, all while the snow kept falling. "Good to see you're back in the kingdom, Sherbet!!" Margarine called.

"I know!! It's so good to be back for the winter! Oh, I wonder how Cotton's doing. Has she been keeping a close eye on Snow Sugar?" Sherbet asked.

Margarine laughed and nodded to the question. It made his day to know that Snow Sugar and Cotton were doing just fine. Ever since he was killed by Frost Queen, he's wanted to know just that one thing; how his friend had been holding up. "Well, how are you two doing? Still at each other's necks like an old married couple?" Sherbet asked.

Tarte sneered at the comparison as Margarine coughed. "Yes yes, we're doing just fine. I've kept my distance from any other necks so there's that. But... You haven't gotten the news, right?" she asked.

Sherbet came to the surface, sitting criss-cross applesauce in the air. "No, I'm afraid I haven't heard. Wanna tell me?" he inquired.

Even Buttercream was feeling what the middle-aged duo was feeling. Tarte inhaled and exhaled as she explained what happened to Milk Tea, MagicShell, and Pineapple Juice. "They went head-to-head against Dark Enchantress, won, and NOW they're at the Hollyberry Kingdom where a dragon is?! The same dragon Hollyberry slayed all those years ago?!" Sherbet exclaimed.

"Yep... But Milk Tea has a boyfriend that works for Dark Enchantress," Tarte added.

Margarine's eyes widened at the news as Sherbet gave them a smug glare. "Not bad, I can tell you that. I bet he's got a kind heart to be falling in love with such a girl like your eldest granddaughter," he said.

"Sure, he may work for Dark Enchantress, but you're right. He cares for her," Tarte responded.

The three of them kept walking through the forest, still in search of a Christmas tree. Tarte examined them one by one, shaking her head, thinking to herself that they needed to be gigantic. It needed to serve a purpose to the kingdom. What would Pure Vanilla and the others think about it? "I think this one will do!"

Sherbet was floating by a massive coniferous tree, holding a lantern. Margarine's eyes sparkled as he ran to it, checking the bark. It was fresh and smelled of pine. Buttercream also seemed amused by the tree's physical appearance. "I think we'll take it!" Tarte said with a laugh.

Margarine eagerly took an ax from out of nowhere and began chopping at the tree, but Sherbet quickly stopped him. "Pinecone would kill you if you did that. So I suggest this."

He snapped and the tree disappeared, becoming nothing but dust. But somehow, all the way from the forest, they could head GingerBrave shout in astonishment. He'd teleported the tree to the Kingdom. Just what other things could this wonderful winter spirit do?