Chapter 2

The next morning, the somewhat small group set off after saying goodbye to the Bear Jellies. Upon exiting, Chili Pepper's eyes wandered to something lying by the soda oceans. "Lookie-lookie! A treasure chest, completely unattended!" she exclaimed.

"We shouldn't jump to conclusions now," Milk Tea muttered.

She swayed on her wooden sandals, fanning herself with a fan made of sugar paper. Custard grinned and ran to it, opening it. There were 5 jellies, 20 gems, and... stones with GingerBrave's face on it. MagicShell blinked, then thought. Her island used to have an ice cream dispenser. To craft more ice cream people, they would have to collect different ingredients. Was this sort of the same thing? She shook the thought off and continued with the group, who approached the Jelly Tree Grove. "Are we taking more food?" she asked, glancing at Milk Tea.

"Sure. But we might wanna keep a low profile. Who knows if someone is watching us," she replied.

GingerBrave waved his candy cane staff, calling for the girls. They nodded and entered the grove, fighting the usual cake hounds. But halfway there, something slimy could be felt dripping from the trees. Snarling sounds could be heard from not too far away. All of a sudden, Wizard's eyes widened as someone jumped into his arms in fear. "JELLY MONSTERS!!!" MagicShell cried.

All of a sudden, a foot wearing a sandal kicked it in the side of the head, sending it across and down the hill they were on. Milk Tea stood there, fists balled, eyebrows furrowed. "They're not that bad. Just stay calm and focused on the objective," she stated before picking her parasol up and jogging to join the group.

MagicShell was dropped by Wizard as she sat there, amazed. Was there something about Milk Tea that she didn't know? What martial arts did she do, if she did any? More jelly monsters came from the ground, attempting to push the group back from achieving their goal. But to their surprise, they emerged victorious through and through. As they came to the end, they saw someone tied up. It was a gnome. Standing with a group of cake monsters was a man with gray skin and a dark robe, a hood covering his face. "I will never eat these foul Bear Jellies! No sir!" the gnome exclaimed.

"What a picky eater we have here! Then how will you like it if we soak you in water, huh?" the mysterious person asked.

"Rest assured, I can endure that much!"

"Is that so? Then how about milk? Milk of pure white that will melt your precious sugars away, huh?"

The group stood in disbelief. "You wouldn't!" the gnome exclaimed.

GingerBrave scowled and ran up to the scene, despite Milk Tea and Strawberry saying to not do that. "What's happening here?! Leave this Sugar Gnome alone!" he yelled.

Indeed, the Sugar Gnome had many particles of sugar in his beard, on his hat, and small bits on his body. The mysterious person exclaimed about intruders as GingerBrave called for help, also known as the people behind him. Milk Tea crossed her arms as MagicShell instantly shot five arrows, all at once, from her bow, destroying the monsters in front of them. "Done and done."

Chili Pepper blinked in confusion as the two led them out of the grove, taking the Sugar Gnome with them. "Ah, I can't thank you enough, young ones," he said.

"You're welcome. Now, what's your name?" MagicShell asked.

"Maestro Sugar Gnome."

One by one, he walked, shaking each person's hand. When he got to Milk Tea and MagicShell, he knelt. "Great princesses of deceased clans. It's a pleasure to meet you both," he said.

Milk Tea's hair tips flushed pink as she turned away, embarrassed. Even her cheeks felt hot. "Good to meet you too, Maestro. And don't mind my friend here. She's a shy one when someone speaks to her like that," MagicShell said with a genuine smile.