Chapter 9

"I GOT NEWS!!! I GOT NEWS!!!!!"

The next day, with the recent summons to the Cookie Kingdom, Olive ran through the kingdom, running into Captain Caviar. "Huh– What's goin' on, Olive? What news d'ya got?" he asked.

Olive had her hands on her knees, catching her breath. "M-MagicShell and Pineapple Juice...! They reached the Ancient Altar! They're making their way to the Vanilla Kingdom as we speak!! But the COD are following them!!"

The news made Captain Caviar's eyes widen. If Tarte heard about the condition of her other granddaughter, she'd be excited yet she'd also be somewhat worried. Suddenly, a pale yellow cow– maybe the color of mozzarella cheese– came beside Olive, mooing. An inverted pyramid of cheese floated above and between their ears. "Oh– Hi, Mozzarella. Did you hear the news as well?" she asked.

"Moo."

Captain Caviar chuckled and gave Mozzarella a good rub on the back. Her tail flicked to the side as her ears flicked happily. "Hey, Blackberry! How were the mines?" the captain called.

Blackberry was dusting her dress off. "They were dirty. But we found many different artifacts. I'm quite glad I went," she responded.

In her cow form, Mozzarella gave the woman a sly smile as she bent down to eat some grass. The others looked at her and decided to give her some back scratches and hugs. And this was something the cow enjoyed very much. "Alright, now where's Tarte? Has she met you guys?" Captain Caviar asked.

Olive shrugged as Blackberry walked to them, fixing her hair. "I assume she's with Burnt Cheese. They're feeding his jackals and snakes as we speak," she responded.

Mozzarella transformed out of her cow form and giggled, her hair holding her bell. The group walked to a house and knocked on the door, hearing the sounds of jackals barking. "Quiet. It's just Miss Tarte's friends."

That voice belonged to Burnt Cheese. He walked to open the door, taking his jackal headpiece off. For some, it was the first time they saw his eyes. "What do you guys need?" he asked.

Mozzarella grinned and walked to him, putting her arms around his neck. No one failed to notice the blush of embarrassment covering Burnt Cheese's cheeks as Mozzarella did this. "Is Tarte in there?" she inquired.

"I-Indeed... She's over there-"

Lucky for them, Tarte was covered in jackals and snakes, holding a thumbs up. Captain Caviar saw this and burst out laughing, having to hold himself up using the doorframe. Blackberry exhaled, grinning behind her hand. Olive giggled and fixed her glasses. She then ran in, trying to get the creatures off of the woman. Tarte sat up, a weary smile on her face. "Oh, heavens. Those animals never know when to stop," she breathed.

"Yeah, you're right," Olive added.

Burnt Cheese looked over his shoulder. Now there wasn't just an embarrassed blush on his face, but now there were kiss marks all over his face; except there wasn't one on his lips. Tarte sneered and wiggled her eyebrows. Even Olive, Captain Caviar, and Blackberry seemed intrigued. "So, what's this about?" the captain asked.

"Nothing! I insist it's nothing!" Burnt Cheese shouted.

"Oh, shush up," Mozzarella said with a giggle, holding his face gingerly with her hands.

The others who stood in the doorway walked in as she dragged Burnt Cheese into a room, some kind of grin on her lips. "WAIT WAIT PLEASE- MOZZARELLA!! UNHAND ME!!" he yelled.

"Lighten up, pal!!" Captain Caviar laughed.

With a wink, Mozzarella's door closed and locked. Olive tilted her head to the side as the others sighed. "We should get going," Blackberry said.