CHAPTER 35: I REMEMBER.

Start from the beginning

The doctor treating her said he had become a walking dead and his eyes were hollow and empty, the doctor said his body was here but his soul had escaped into the abyss of darkness, with all the information she got she couldn't wait to regain her memory of him. Their love must have been something beautiful. Her thoughts were interrupted when someone opened the door.

Just as she turned her face she saw Zayn and a dark lady beside him, she realized the lady must be Tessie. Just like Ayman and some other people, her face was blurred in her memory and she couldn't remember. She only remembered how they kept say she was the one who is going to marry Zayn, she couldn't even remember Aryan's face when she woke up and to think he is her favourite nephew. She only remembered his name and she etched his face to her memory when she saw him again and everything got cleared.

It was also the same with Tessie, as she walked it the room, the blurred image she had of her cleared. It was like that with many people but with Ayman, no matter how she tried she couldn't seem to clear that blurred image she had of his face. She never got his complete face no matter how much she tried, sometime only his eyes, sometimes his nose or any other part of his face but never his complete face.

Speaking about marriage, aren't Layla and Zayn dating? She thought they were, infact everyone thought they had a romantic relationship going on between them though they always maintained that they are friends or is her memory playing some joke on her, were she thinks Layla and Zayn love each other.

She turned to look at Layla and she almost got frightened with the scowl Layla had on her face, now she understood what was going on. It is a one-sided love, Zayn takes her as a friend while she is already in love with him, it was hard to be with Zayn and not fall for him especially with the way he would keep flirting with you as though he loves you.
"Ladies and gentlemen meet my beautiful wife." Lana and Maha made eyes contact and Lana understood what Maha wanted to say.

"Where is the gentlemen here?" Lana said the words Maha wanted to say and the whole room erupted into laughter, sure enough there was no man in the room only the females were present.
"How are you feeling?" Tessie asked as she hugged Maha.
"M-much b-b-better."
"I wish you are quick recovery." Tessie said and Maha smiled softly, the smile didn't last long because of Zayn's annoying words that followed Tessie's.
"So we can get married." Maha rolled her eyes at him, Zayn is a handsome young man but the moment he opens his mouth and speaks, his mouth tends to ruin everything. Tessie only smiled when he said that while everyone in the room laughed, all except Layla.

From the side of her eyes Maha had been watching Layla, she sat angrily on her chair and she kept glaring at Tessie who she is sure had noticed but chose to ignore. She knew for a fact that Layla wouldn't let Tessie and Zayn have a peaceful married life but she just hoped she would know when to stop.
..............

In the intricate tapestry of her post-coma recovery, a month had passed since Maha emerged from the shadows of unconsciousness. Physically, she was on the mending path, health steadily returning. However, the labyrinth of her memories remained elusive, refusing to fully surrender to the light of recollection.

Amidst the soothing hues of convalescence, confusion became her constant companion. Faces and moments floated like ethereal specters, teasing the edges of her consciousness. Ayman, a figure draped in the shroud of forgotten familiarity, elicited a peculiar blend of emotions. His presence, magnetic and comforting, ignited the ember of curiosity that danced within her.

As the days unfolded, a dichotomy of emotions enveloped her. There were moments of frustration, where the inability to grasp the fragments of her past left her grappling with a sense of loss. Yet, within the labyrinth of confusion, an unexpected blush painted her cheeks whenever Ayman stepped into her line of sight. The sheer handsomeness that seemed to radiate from him evoked a visceral response, an involuntary acknowledgment of an underlying connection.