Love Will Find A Way. Pt 2.

Beginne am Anfang

"Look, don't worry about Leyton, Lils." Scorpius sighed, gripping her hand in his.

"Of all the insults I've had thrown at me, I've never had someone say that." Lily shook her head.

She'd told Scorpius all about her interaction with Leyton. Well, what she could remember of it. She was still none the wiser about what she did when she blacked out from anger. All she knew was that Leyton was now in the hospital wing with a broken nose and a concussion.

"Lily, look at me." Scorpius said firmly.

Lily lifted her gaze to his.

"Your father does not think you're a slut. He hasn't disowned you. Yes, he's mad at you. But, to be honest, I think that more my fault than yours. Well, my father's at least." Scorpius said. "I know you miss him, Lils, but you just have to be patient."

"It feels like he's disowned me." Lily whispered as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Well, if that's the case, then we'll just have to run away together." Scorpius said with a goofy grin.

Lily rolled her eyes but released a teary chuckle. "If only it were that simple."

"Lily." Scorpius gripped her hand tighter, his face falling serious again. "If running away means you're happy, then that's what we'll do. I'll do anything for you."

Lily smiled sadly at him, running a soft hand down his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Scorpius smiled. "Now, come on, you need to finish this essay."

Lily groaned and turned back to her homework. As she read the pages of her textbook, her mind thought intently of what Scorpius had said. Could they really run away together? Would her father have anything to say about that? Would he even care? She highly doubted it.

*

Two days later, on her way to dinner in the great hall, Lily was summoned to Professor McGonagall's office. Her heart hammered in her chest as she walked the corridors. She hadn't done anything else to get herself in trouble since her outburst with Leyton. Maybe it was about her grades slipping. But, then again, they weren't far enough into the term for her grades to be affected so badly, we're they?

She knocked on the door, taking a deep breath as she waited for McGonagall to permit her entrance. When she heard the familiar voice of her headmistress, Lily pushed the door open and stepped inside.

"Ah, Miss Potter, please take a seat." McGonagall gestured to the seat opposite her desk.

Lily swallowed hard and took another step towards the desk. As she did, however, Lily's body turned cold as her father came into view. She then spotted Albus already sitting in one of the seats in front of McGonagall.

"What's going on?" Lily asked nervously.

"Please, take a seat. All will be explained, I assure you." McGonagall said calmly.

Lily gingerly lowered herself into the seat beside Albus, her eyes darting between him, McGonagall, and her father. Harry leant against the wall, his arms folded over his chest.

"Am I in trouble?" Lily asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"You attacked another student, Lily. What do you think?" Harry scoffed.

Lily's eyes widened. The first words her father had spoken to her in over a month, and they were filled with disappointment and disdain. "But, I've already been punished for that!"

"Mr. Potter, please." McGonagall held up a hand. "Lily has already attended detention with me for her behaviour involving Mr. Reynolds."

"That's not why I'm here, Minerva." Harry sighed.