A Generation

Smg3 ran as fast as he could into the deep forest while Smg4 struggled to match Smg3's pace because he was the one holding the basket with the kid inside; both of them managed to sneak out of the castle window earlier and get the kid to sleep in the process. Smg3 noticed two familiar figures deep into the greenery, it was Smg1 and 2 no doubt but they weren't aware of Smg3 running towards them. 3 then realized what exactly had their attention as soon as he came to a halt at the sight of the large green USB crash-landed in the dirt, its door was wide open.

"Damn..." Smg3 muttered, "There really is a new Smg..."

"I just thought...he wouldn't come this soon..."

Smg3 looked over at Smg1 with a raised eyebrow, "What do you-"

"3, you dumbass! I told you to-" Smg4 caught up with the scenario and he was just as speechless as Smg3 as he gazed at the pod, "Woah...this is...unexpected."

"It is but don't worry we- uh..." Smg2's train of thought was then lost, "Uh...what with the kid?"

"We're uh...we're..." Both Smg4 and 3 almost started to panic that was until Smg4 said the first thing that popped into his head. "We're babysitting!... Me and 3 are...uh, isn't that right 3?"

"Yeah! yeah...yeah..." Smg3 tried to roll with it despite how dumb it seemed, "Anyway, 1. You said something about...Smg...5. What did you mean by soon?"

"Wait, a new Smg for real?" Smg4's eyes widened, "Did you two know this would happen?"

"We...kinda did," Smg1 sighed, "If you remember, we are all part of the meme life cycle and that cycle needs to stay alive so...we always kind of knew there would be a new Smg...."

"Hold on, hold on, w-what does that mean? Like a new meme guardian?"

"Well..." Smg2 clicked his tongue, "It means that he's...the next generation for all of meme kind."

"What?"

Smg1 rolled his eyes, "Smg5 is here to keep the meme cycle alive by making new memes or trying to keep ones from your universe still relevant in his universe."

"Wait...so are you saying I'm..." Smg4 sagged his shoulders, "Not relevant?"

"HA! Loser!" Smg3 grinned, "How does it feel not being so popular now, 4?"

"You rule over an internet graveyard 3..."

"Shut up you," Smg3 hissed, "Okay so if the guy is here to keep meme kind alive then...why the hell did his USB land in our universe and not his own?"

"We don't exactly know why..." Smg2 scratched the back of his head, "We don't know where he is actually..."

"Wait what!" Smg3 nearly shouted, "Where could he have gone? His USB landed in the middle of nowhere!"

"Well we haven't checked his pod yet but-"

"Great, maybe that will give us some answers!"

"Wait! 3!"

It was too late, Smg3 stomped his way inside the pod and the others just followed in after him. Inside the pod looked just as barren as it did outside, the main room looked like it'd never even been touched leaving some sort of a clear but musty smell inside. Smg4 noticed that the bookshelves inside were dusty like they never had any books on them in the first place.

Being inside gave Smg4 the chills but he tried not to let his nerves get the better of him in case they accidentally woke the kid up, "Oof- this guy sure knows how to make an entrance..."

"It's nothing like me and 1 have seen before..." Smg2's voice trailed off, "How far do you think he could have gone?"

"Well, looks like we have to try and find out." Smg3 huffed, "You and 1 can try to find clues outside, 4, you stick with me to find clues here."

"O-ok!" Everybody then split off into their own ways to try and solve this puzzle. Smg1 and 2 didn't have the best luck in the world when it came to the outside search but the inside search was a little more promising for Smg4 and 3.

"Okay, If there's a new Smg...then Smg5 has to have an avatar right?" Smg4 walked into the mainframe of the USB pod where the memory control center was, even the mainframe looked like it's never been touched either. "Maybe Smg5's avatar has memories of them arriving."

"They better," Smg3 then quickly began to hack his way into the system but only to get lost again, "What! There's only one memory on here!"

"Only one memory?"

"I don't believe this! It's like they just showed up out of nowhere!"

Smg4 groaned, "Well just tap into the memory then."

Smg3 bit back his nasty tongue but he clicked on the remaining memory in the system and the TV screen that was above them showcased pretty odd results. The memory didn't start at arriving at Smg4's and 3's universe or even in the forest but it started right in front of the castle, the showgrounds castle.

It seemed like it was from the eye perspective of the avatar and it looked like it was no bigger than a small animal but it also appeared to be struggling to push something towards the castle door; upon closer inspection of the video, it resembled a basket. The avatar stopped pushing the basket for a moment only to move its perspective to look inside the basket and what was inside made Smg4 and Smg3's jaws drop.

"Hm? Oh! Have you and 3 found anything yet?" Smg1 noticed both the Smg's walk out of the USB with their heads hung low at the ground, "Uh...is anything wrong?"

"1, we..." Smg4 continued to look down at the ground, "We know where Smg5 is..."

"You do?" Smg2 eyes widened, "Where is he?"

"She's right here..." Smg3 eyes motioned to the kid sleeping in the basket still.

Smg1 and 2 exchanged worried glances, "Y-you're joking right?"

Smg3 only stayed silent while Smg4 shuffled his feet.

"Oh...oh my..."