How You Met

Candy PoP

(This will be in first person pov)

"So your parents tell me it's been a while since the incident took place but you still have nightmares about it, am I correct?"

Rolling my eyes with a deep sigh I kept my gaze on the ground. Having these nightmares and waking up screaming was getting to much for my parents

"Yeah..."

The psychiatrist paged though her little book and wrote down some stuff.

"Okay this isn't your first time seeing me but i'd like to try something different is that okay?"

I nodded my head as he again wrote things down in his little book. He was old but looked good for his age.

"Okay I'm going to hypnotized you. I'm going to take you back to the night it all happened so you can see it wasn't your fault okay. Please get comfortable."

With that being said I placed both my feet on the couch keeping my heals on and rested my head on the pillow staring up at the ceiling.

The sound of what I think was a clock could be heard in the background and the males voice was as soothing as ever.

"Listen to the sound of my voice. I want you to close your eyes and imagine the night the incident took place, go back to that night."

I fell to my knees as I watched the scene replay over and over and over and there's nothing I could have changed.

"Tell me... What do you see?"

Lost for words was an understatement. The same as last time someone tried to hypnotize me. The same scene, same accident yet something was different this time around.

The whole accident was in slow motion. The voice of my psychiatrist was muffeld and bared audible. In the blink of an eye the whole scene came to a stop and everything turned black.

"Hello?"

The sound of faint bells could be heard in the void of darkness.

"Hhheeellloooo"

I jumped around as I got a fright. With eyes wide I examined the creature standing in front of me.

Fuschina purple eyes, baby blue hair with bells attached to the ends, his clothing looked similar that of a jester. His face looked stained, as if he had just cried.

Behind him he was holding what looked to be a sledge hammer but greatly over sized. Despite the fact that he looked like a murdered his tear stained face caught me off guard.

"Are you okay.."

The jester looked at me for a second before dropping his sledge hammer and wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry you have to keep reliving such a horrible nightmare gumdrop. You were just a child..."

Those words hit me deep, despite that fact that I had heard those last word a lot, coming from a stranger hit hard.

Being very confused and lost I patted the jester on the back and whispered words of comfort to him.

"It's alright, no need to cry..."

That was the best I could do, comforting people wasn't exactly one of my stong suits. After what felt like forever of the jester hugging me he finally let go.

"How about I take you somewhere nice and we can do something nice too?"

Despite not knowing who or what this jester was I felt a sense of comfort, as if I could be myself and let go.

"Comman gumdrop!! Let's gooooo."

Before I could utter a word I was dragged into a bright light

"NOOOO IM NOT READY TO DIE YET NOOOOOOOOO.".

Laughter could be heard from miles away.

"Die?!?? Hahahahahahahaha nooo silly I could never harm you...".

My eyes widened at the scenery ahead

"Wow"

A circus.. Animals everywhere, roaming free, people walking and petting lions as if they were best friends. Children dancing and chasing another.

It was magical.

"Well common!! The show is about to start."

My hand was grabbed and I was pulled towards a huge blue and purple tent. Inside looked much bigger then the outside.

All sorts of things were being done. Tigers jumping though rings the size of a wedding ring. Elephants walking on a tightrope eating peanuts. Moneys hanging upside down from their tails.

The thing that caught my attention most was the walking fish singing Christmas songs...

We sat in the middle of the circus watching everything g unfold and playing along.

"You shouldn't have to go though all of that pain alone. What happened to your little sister wasn't your fault gum drop. You were to young to do anything"

Again coming from a complete stranger that words hit hard. Tears streamed down my face as his arms once again wrapped around me.

"Your going to wake up now, and your going to never do therapy again cause you don't need it, you mental unhealth is perfectly fine and beautifully, don't change it"

I forgot I was dreaming in the first place. The jester started become more blurry as well as the background

"Wait what's your na-"

Before I could finish my sentence my eyes were met with a bright light.

"Oh thank God I thought you died, I was just about to call the ambulance."

My psychiatrist spoke in a stutter.

"What happened in there?"

He questioned taking a seat back in his ugly free chair. I looked at him for a moment before looking at my hands to make sure I'm awake.

Sure enough I was awake but I found something else too. Small writing on my arm.

Candy pops the name gumdrop. I'll see you again soon

Looking back my psychiatrist I smiled like an idiot

"You fixed me, I'm going to go home now and uhm be happy that I'm fixed. Good Day"

I grabbed my bag and left the little office with a smile on my face. The though of Candy pop not leaving my thoughts. He was quite attractive now that I thought about it

Guess I'll wait to see him again someday