Chapter 3

LATE THAT NIGHT

Out in the Atlantic ocean, Tony Stark swims through the ocean wearing his Iron Man suit. Carefully moving his hand, he cuts a transport powerline, the metal piece floating away in the ocean. Then reaching to the side, he grabs a Stark Energy Reactor placing it on the opened pipeline. Revving to life, the reactor spins, and grows to fit the open pipe.

Pushing away, Iron Man shoots out of the water, flying back to the city. Tony looks to his screen on the helmet, a video call with Pepper Potts happening. "You're good on this end. The rest is up to you."

"You disconnected the transmissions line, are we off the grid?" Pepper asks, Tony flying between the buldiings of New York as he turns sharply down a street.

"Stark tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy," Tony replies.

"Wow. So assuming our reactor takes over and actually works?" Pepper questions sarcatisally.

"I assume," Tony replies, "light her up."

On the other end, Pepper does as told, the outside of the tower lighting up. Tony grins happily, as flies closer to his building. "How does it look?"

"Like christmas, but with more me," Tony says excitedly.

"We gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press," Pepper informs him, "I'm in D.C tomorrow working on the zoning for the next two buildings."

"Pepper, you're killing me. Remember? Enjoy the moment," Tony tells her.

"Then get in here and I will." Tony lands on the large balcony, beginning to walk down the stairs as the ramp opens up, taking pieces of the suit off.

Half way in, Jarvis speaks through the com, "sir, Agent Coulson of SHIELD is on the line."

"I'm not in," Tony tells his A.I., "I'm actually out."

Taking a few more steps, Jarvis responds, "I'm afraid he's insisting."

"Close the line Jarvis," Tony instructs, "I got a date." The last piece of the Iron Man suit is removed, as Tony walks into the newly built Stark tower.

Pepper stands at the island bar, watching the holograph screen, "level's are holding steady...I think."

"Uh, of course they are," Tony comments, walking over to the island, "I was directing involvement. Which brings me to my next question, how does it feel to be a genius?"

Tony turns off the screens, tossing his comlink onto the counter. Pepper turns to Tony, leaning back against the counter, "oh well I wouldn't know, would I?"

"What do you mean?" Tony waves his finger around, "all of this came from you." Tony points to her, the two grinning happily.

"No, all of this came from that," Pepper admits, pointing to the chest arc reactor. Tony nods in small agreement, running his hands over Pepper's arms.

"Give yourself some credit, please. Stark Tower is your baby," Tony tells Pepper, "give yourself twelve percent of the credit."

Pepper gapes at him, "twelve percent? Of my baby?" Pepper walks away, making her way over to the lounge space.

"An argument can be made for fifthteen," Tony tries to mend his words from earlier.

"Twelve percent?"

"Well I did do all of the heavy lifting," Tony follows behind Pepper slowly, "literally, i lifted all the heavy things. And I'm sorry, but the security snafu," Tony points over to the elevator. Pepper sits beside the coffee table, opening the champagne, "on my private elevator. That was on you."