Chapter 30 - Lab

"Are you 100% sure this is what you want to do right now?" Gally was whispering as he held an arm out over Selena's chest to keep her glued to the wall as he peeked around it to mae sure their way was clear.

"You ask me one more time, I'll leave your ass here and find a way inside myself." Selena glared at the boy beside her, who just sent her a look as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that? The whole place is in lock-down, remember? No one comes in, no one gets out." He challenged, only to regret his own words as soon as the girl reached for the gun in his hands and took it from him, marching around his body and the wall and toward the nearest door, clocking the gun and aiming at the handle. "Selena!"

She didn't listen to him, though. Instead, she just pulled the trigger and smirked to herself when the lock fell down to her knees and the metal door squeaked as it spun in its hinges.

"Any more questions, Gally?" She nodded once with her head toward the door as the boy groaned loudly, but went toward her and pulled the gun from her hands as he glared at her.

"Now I see why Thomas is so into you." He mumbled, nudging the girl inside before him with the handle of his gun. If he noticed the blush that crept up in Selena's cheeks, he didn't comment on it, but, most likely, he just didn't see it, considering the two of them were about to step inside a very dark, very narrow corridor. "You're just as insufferable as the greenie."

"Coming from you, I'll just take that as a compliment." She said, hoping her voice didn't sound as weak as she thought it did.

"Shut up and keep walking, shank." He mumbled again as Selena just smirked. "You want to find your way to the labs, is that it?"

"Yeah." Selena nodded, even though she was pretty sure Gally couldn't see it. "Do you know where they are?"

"No, but I know where they were keeping the children. It has to be close, right?"

"Maybe." Selena shrugged. "But considering this is our best guess, it's worth a shot."

"Okay." Gally nodded then, reaching a hand out toward Selena again and pulling her back to stand in front of her just a second before she decided to walk out into a illuminated hallway, uncovered. "But if we're going to make this work, you listen to me, got it? The only reason why the boys and I managed to walk around this place was because of the guard clothes we're wearing. I don't have time to get you one of those - and I'm not entirely sure any of them would actually fit, but I might be able to get you a doctor jacket so you can blend in. But you need to lay low for a moment while I do that. Can you do that?"

Selena sighed, not liking the idea of wasting any other precious second in this, but knowing they didn't have any other option. After all, Gally was right. If she went out there uncovered, she'd be probably shot on sight, and if she died, Newt's only chance of survival went with her. So, instead of arguing and trying to take the lead as she was so used to do, Selena just nodded.

"Fine." She decided, as Gally just chuckled at her dejection while putting on his mask again. "Just try to make it quick."

"Yes, ma'am."

***

Surprisingly enough, it didn't take Gally too long to find Selena a coat to wear. It was slightly big on her and she had had to tie her hair up in a low bun to make her fiery strands not feel so out of place in the pristine white WCKD compound.

"What did you do to the woman who was wearing this?" Selena asked, putting on the lab coat Gally had brought her and plucking the identification tag - from a woman called Iris Bailey - from it and tucking it away into her pocket.