• Erupting Twilight •

Comenzar desde el principio

Shanzay smiled at her words as she settled the balm back before picking up the phone and raising the screen infront of her face as she scolded lightly,
"You were just complaining about being tired and exhausted due to the pile of assignments you completed and now you're oh so oozing with energy to criticize the professors. Chalo shabash, ja ker sojao. Bohut dair hogayee hai".

"Bohut hi badmaza ho tum, Shanzu".
Ayat couldn't help but seethe in utter displeasure making Shanzay's smile deepen as she waved her hand in air,

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams".

The other second, Ayat also mouthed a halfhearted goodnight before the video call was ended.

A soft sigh trespassed Shanzay's lips as she gazed at the phone for one last time before settling it back on the dressing table.

She indeed had completed her notes last week without dragging them till the deadline unlike Ayat, but there was still an essay left that she'd earlier decided to complete tonight.

Waniya had sent her the main pointers and few extra material on WhatsApp this morning and she was positive that if she started doing the essay now, she'd probably complete it till midnight.

Since she took a nap this afternoon after lunch, she actually didn't feel sleepy or drowsy at all and the shower taken few moments ago only freshened her more making the tiny bit tardiness fade away too.

But there was one thing she still needed, her precious coffee.

She knew no matter what the time or situation, as long as she had to sit down and study, she desperately needed that boost of energy.
Atleast it was a boost of energy for her.

And hence turning on her heels with her feet encased in the soft slippers, she walked out of her room, exiting the door as she started her journey towards the kitchen downstairs.

Descending the staircase, she took a turn in the corridor, passing through the dining room and entering the kitchen when her feet came to a sudden halt.

The other second the orbs of hers beamed almost immediately as the lips of hers curled in a full blown smile giving an indication to the absolute joy she was feeling as she nearly jumped on her feet making a small run towards the counter.

On one side of the marbled slab of the kitchen counter, a paper bag of her favorite bakery rested with a plastic bag wrapped around it but the dark logo of the paper bag could easily be seen through the thin material.

Reaching the island, she immediately unfolded the paper bag from top, opening it slightly to peek inside when a tiny squeal trespassed her lips as she immediately pressed her palm to her lips to avoid making loud noise at this time of the night and wake her precious mother up.

With her orbs beaming in joy and the smile not reducing a bit, she carefully pulled out the paper bag from the plastic bag as she opened the cabinets above and took out a small plate placing it on the slab.

Than she carefully took out all the brownies settling them on the plate, also raising one piece to her mouth to taste it only to hum in delight at feeling the authentic delicious taste that successfully satiated her tastebuds making her nod in approval as she closed her eyes.

The low noise echoing from outside made her orbs snap open, causing the honey lashes to sweep upwards as she the other second straightened up and with the huge smile still intact on her lips, turned on her heels and began taking soft strides towards the door.

The low deep voice belonged to none other than her father that she could recognize in millions and hence she immediately made a walk towards the lounge ahead.