|42|: Deal/سودا

Start from the beginning

All of a sudden, his phone chimed as a new message came in. He immediately grabbed it and relief washed through his form when he saw the messenger.

It's him.

Quickly dialing the number, he walked to the living room where Altamash was. He became alerted as soon as he saw Subhan.

"If it isn't my favourite person."

Pasha's voice carried through the speakers. Subhan's jaw clenched. Anger running through his veins, but he managed to calm his beast down. Now's not the time. Safa's life is at stake.

"Pasha."

"One and only." His sick voice ticked at his sanity. All he wants is to beat the crap out of him for touching his wife. But he reined in his anger. Now's not the time.

"Call your partner."

The silence that followed confirmed Subhan's suspicion. Burhan is behind this. That little piece of crap!

"It's only me lover boy." He tried to play him, but he was a fool to ever fool Subhan Durrani.

"I know the truth. Call him. I have a deal to make." Silence followed for a few seconds and he prayed in his heart to let this plan succeed.

"Subhan Durrani."

Finally. Burhan's voice came from the other end. Intense rage overpowered him. This is the man who killed his brother. Kidnapped his wife and been creating hurdles in his life. That picture scandal must be his doing too. To slander his name so that the Noorie land could never be his.

"Burhan." He gritted into the phone. Altamash mouthed to put the phone on speaker and Subhan did. Both of them sat down on the sofa and continued.

"You have someone that's mine. It was a grave mistake on your part to ever lay a finger on my wife."

Subhan all, but gritted into the phone.

"Yet here you are making a deal." His criminal voice said.

"She means more to me than anything. Leave her and I'll hand the land to you."

He proposed his deal. Laughter followed through the speaker, making his feature tense. He was constantly praying for this plan to work.

"Now why would I do that? It's more fun to hear you begging for your wife's life."

Burhan's crazy words made him go rigid. He gritted yet again, anger lacing his tone.

"Don't you dare hurt even a single hair on her body. I'll sign the land to you and you spare her, deal?"

He asked. Burhan tsked from the phone.

"How can I be sure? What if it's a trap?"

Subhan closed his eyes and throw in his next card.

"I'll transfer 1 million to your account right now as my confirmation of the land."

He remained silent for a long while and then finally muttered

"I'll message the bank details to you. But if this turns out to be a trap, your wife will die a very painful death and I'll enjoy every second of it."

The line went dead. His entire body froze at his words. After few seconds, his phone again chimed and he recieved the details. Immediately he transferred the money to it. His phone beeped again with a call and he immediately answered it.

"You're a great business man. Come with the documents at the address I'm messaging you."

He recieved the address and only then he drew in a breath.

"What's now?" Altamash asked. Thanking Allah in his heart, Subhan replied

"Now we're going to get Safa back."
~~~~~~~~~~

The doorknob rattled again. Safa straightened, but the movements were painful. The door opened and the little light illuminated the shadow of the figure that's standing before the door. She couldn't see his face clearly so she croaked out

"Who is it?" Her voice was weak. Her throat burned whenever she speaks. The figure moved before its only a few feet away from her. She glanced up and gasped.

"You!"  She muttered all but surprised.

"Yes, me. Glad to see you again."

Burhan said before crouching down next to her. He crossed his legs and took out his gun and put it on the floor in front her. She scooted back and just looked at him.

"Your husband's coming to get you."

Happiness rushed through her form, but she was still wary of his presence. He seemed so causal at the mall. There was always an eerie vibe to him, but she never would have thought he would be this dangerous. Kidnapping and all that.

"You know why Hammad Durrani died?"

Safa's body went rigid and she just gazed at him. He was the one behind that murder?

"He wouldn't give that land to me. He wanted to be great good man, wanting to set an example blah blah."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"But I talked to his brother and he made a deal to hand that land to me in exchange of you."

He said to Safa. His tone getting harder and angrier.

"All it took was a mere girl to let his walls crumble. He's so different from his brother. He stood his grounds even when I threatened him with his wife. He was truly a good man. I should've gone for the second brother. He died in vain, poor man."

The way he spoke of Hammad made tears burn in her eyes. He was such a good man and his tone is anything but respectful. He's taunting. Making fun.

"He must be rolling in his grave about what his brother did. The land he died for gone in a mere second because his brother was so mad over a simple girl he's only been married for months."

Tears rolled down her eyes. He suddenly held the gun and put it over her forehead. She gasped and fear took her form.

"Shouldn't I just kill you? You really don't deserve to live. You ran away like a frickin coward while he took a bullet to his body."

Shame and regret marred her. And she closed her eyes, accepting her fate and fault.

Its alright Safa. It won't hurt. It'll only take a few seconds. It will fast and painless.

The gun vanished from her skin and she opened her eyes only to see him watching her with a calculating gaze.

"But I won't kill you. I've made a deal with your husband. I need you to live. Be grateful of that. You're again being saved. Although you really don't deserve to live."

He left the room after that. A strangled cry left her lips before she started to sob. She really is a coward. His brother died because of her. Now the land he worked hard for, lost his life for, will be given to that monster who will surely make no good use of it.

Look what you've done. You little cunning witch. If only you haven't entered their lives!

The taunting took its toll on her and she succumbed to a fatal position. Tears of shame and guilt left her eyes. She truly is a bad omen after all. She should've have died that day and not him. He deserved to live and enjoy his life with his wife. She took everything from him. She destroyed his family. She hurt her husband.

It's not Burhan that's only evil, its her too.

The truth is painful and bitter, but truth indeed.

You're no less of a monster than him, Safa!

She finally accepted her fate.
••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's another update. We're very close to the climax and the ending chapters. Hope you're loving the story so far.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.