Disaster festival: Reunion

Zoe took them and went near the blonde and called her,
" Hey Chloe! "

The name that was called left the four of them speechless.

" Chloe...? " Said Marinette with wide eyes and shrunken pupils.

The blonde turned on her name call and Marinette, Aliyah, Adrian and Neno were left stunned, as if struck by lightning.

" Hm? Oh, hello Zoe. " Said Chloe with her hands brushing her hair as her jewelry was sparkling as the light fell on it.

" Chloe!? " Exclaimed Adrian in utter shock. " What!? "

" What? Have you never seen a dress before? "

" I have seen it. " He said it in a whisper. " But never like the one you're wearing right now. But still- what is this!? And since when? "

" Historical, since always, personally, today. "

" .. Is it just me or you sound annoyed..? "

" She never wanted to come to this party. " Said Zoe with a straight face.

" Ah yes and I still don't want to be here but being the Mayor's daughters, me and Zoe 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 to be here. Even if one of us never wanted to come to this so-called party. "

" It's a banquet. " Interrupted Dupain-Cheng in a confident tone.

" So why are you in your casual clothes? Shouldn't you be wearing something fancy? 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦, it is a Banquet? You are the second best student in the class- " That line stung Marinette. " so you should know that a Banquet is a formal party and historically you should wear something fitting for it. "

" Sorry but I don't wear anything unfashionable. "

" Pfft- " Aaliyah almost laughed but controlled herself after clearing her throat.

" Everyday wearing the same kind of clothes makes you fashionable? " Questioned Chloe, still annoyed.

" That's what fashion is today. "

" Well, that's disappointing. "

" For yourself? " Marinette said that with a winner's smile.

" I can never be disappointed in myself. I'm disappointed in this so-called fashion industry and people who have no actual fashion sense and that's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. "

" Humf! You just can't find the right words to say, aren't you? "

My mind was not in the right to think of a good response that time so I went silent, kinda pissed.

" Marinette. " Said Zoe firmly. " Stop being like that. You are the one who asked me to introduce her to you first and now you're just being straight up rude. "

Zoe standing up for me kinda took me by surprise and I can assure that everyone else was just as shocked.

" Zoe, how can you take 𝘩𝘦𝘳 side? You know what kind of girl she is. "

" It was because of the same girl that we were able to get away from Reflecta back in our field trip, don't forget, she was the one who helped us the most back then, even more than the heroes I must add. And why are you comparing her to how she used to be? It's like you've made a stone hard perspective of her and is stuck on it. "

" But- "

" And same goes to you Aliyah. "

" Huh? " Surprised Aliyah who was just watching it all turn out from the sidelines.

" Rather than stopping her wrongdoings you just laugh with her and support her. Don't think that Chloe and I didn't hear how you were about to laugh out loud at that time. And don't you think rather than supporting her you should actually stop her? Remember, it was also you who wanted to meet Chloe but now all you two are doing is insulting her. And I definitely DO NOT like this situation. "