Exile on Main St.

A whole year.

A whole of living a normal life.

No hunting.

No killing ghosts.

No killing monsters.

No killing demons.

No killing angels.

Hell, not even looking for trouble.

That's crazy enough for me.

A whole year of being a normal human being, being with Dean, because Sam and my father had made both of promise this before Sam had dove into the pit with Lucifer inside of him and Adam/Michael, all of them in Hell, in the cage.

But just because we weren't hunting didn't mean we weren't looking for ways to save them.

In the apartment's bedroom, the alarm beeped.

I looked at the clock to see it was 7:00 AM. I looked at Dean, noticing he was awake, having a hand over his head. "You okay?"

Dean nodded, smiling a small smile, taking the hand I had over his chest. "Yeah, I'm good."

Dean kissed my hand, getting out of bed.

I sighed, looking at the clock, not really ready to be getting up and going.

~~~~~

Dean stood in the kitchen, opening the cabinet, pulling out a container of salt, pouring it over the eggs he was cooking on the stove. He turned to see me walking by, raising his arms to raise the pan over me. I ducked out of the way, walking toward the cabinet, looking at Dean over my shoulder, smiling.

Dean smiled.

I pulled out plates for us, lying it on the counter. 

Dean poured eggs over them.

~~~~~

Dean worked at a construction site here in Sioux Falls.

I was still working at TJz. I was pouring and mixing drinks, adding salt to make margaritas.

And it amazed me how much it reminded me of pouring gasoline or salt over a corpse in a cemetery grave to burn the bones and kill a ghost. Or lining salt along windows and doorways when trying to keep demons or ghosts out of the places I had been in. 

I set down the margaritas in front of a couple customers, walking away, grabbing two beers, walking toward where Dean was sitting, handing him one, remembering all the times that he and Sam had sat across the bar where he was now, and all the times I had given them both beers while on the job.

Dean seemed to remember, too, taking the beer, smiling a small smile.

I smiled, leaning over the bar to kiss him, pulling away, tilting my head.

Dean couldn't help a smile.

I turned away to keep working.

~~~~~

After dark, we were back home.

I looked outside the main window, closing the curtain, locking the door, finishing my drink, walking toward the sink, putting the glass inside. I looked out of the balcony window to see across the way to another apartment's balcony window, where neighbor Sid and his wife were eating. I walked into the room, looking under the bed to holy water and a shotgun underneath the bed on either side of the bed just in case the past came a'knocking. I looked at the bed to see Dean already lying in bed after a busy day at the construction site, smiling a small smile, lying next to him. Dean put his arm around me, pulling my head to his chest gently for the night.