Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

She had become more then just someone I had a bubbling irresistible attraction for, and now I looked, and thought of her more and more like an essential part of my life.

One I'd have to protect without issue no matter how things went around us.

Climbing out of the shower I walked to my closet and found clothing that wasn't covered in blood followed by styling my hair and walking downstairs.

Getting to the bottom of the stairs I walked into range of the living room and listened carefully to Aria and Matteo's conversation.

"I think that you talk to my brother about that," Matteo says, before I heard rustling.

"It was terrifying Matteo, how do I, I just watched the result of him losing control of himself," she says, and Matteo must of had a look because Aria spoke again.

"Right?".

"No, that was him perfectly aware of his actions, if he loses control, people would have heard the screams and shots, it would have sounded like a warzone in that villa. Not that he wouldn't have enjoyed it. My brother is who he thinks himself to be, but I think you are seeing him more then most," Matteo adds and I choose that moment to enter the room finding them sitting a cushion apart, Matteo with his legs spread and facing the fire with a glass in hand and his jacket open, while Aria was in the fetal position sitting at the end of the couch.

"Arianna," I say softly and both of their attentions shift to me while I didn't move.

"I'll let you two talk," Matteo says standing and carrying his glass from the room while giving me a look to be patient with her as he passed me and round the corner.

Walking across the room I stopped near her and watched her demeanor for a moment until deciding I'd take the spot Matteo had been in.

"You killed hundreds of people," she says barely above a whisper and it made my gut twist that I'd shaken her that much, though I had a feeling that Matteo admitting that I was coherent of my actions may have disturbed her.

"Yes, I did. And I can tell that it bothered you, and that's the realities of this life, that's who I am. I asked you if you wanted out, because I wouldn't pretend to be anything but who I am. I wasn't going to hide that I'm the monster that dozens of people across Italy and other countries where the Salvatorini Familia can reach them, are terrified of. My name makes people fear me, you feared me when you first realized who it was that you were going to be married to," I say looking into her eyes and only finding the terror of a girl who had witnessed the true darkness of the man she was going to marry, and I was glad that she passed out when she'd been kidnapped all those years ago.

I had chosen to relinquish that night from my mind. All the half naked starving women of all ages. I could remember my Made Members pulling dozens of people from shipping containers with barely any functional clothing, and blankets that may as well have been made of felt. I could remember the screams of the Bratva as I ordered them lined up and shot, could still see the one's face after he'd touched a woman who begged him not too, as I shattered every bone in his body and then let him choke on his blood after I'd shot him through the carotid, and trachea. Two thousand bratva were killed that night, and I still heard their screams. I was the young twenty year old sadist who had killed an entire country's Russian Brotherhood, I made them fear me.

No wonder they never entered my territory.

"I did fear you, I feared everything about this life, I fear for you when you go out each day with enough weaponry to take out a town on your own. I worry about my brothers knowing that they will have heard about you getting rid of an entire Familia. I worry about your safety, when you take that fucking Brabus because its the only car you take when you have to do an operation in your territory. I knew what the life was like but I know you, you know exactly how many you killed in that villa which is now ash, the fire department couldn't get anything by the way they said the house was so old that they wrote it off as an electrical fire," Aria says staring back at me tears creating a sheen over her eyes.

"I am a murderer, Arianna, I have blood on my hands no amount of washing of them, or my body, or my designer suits will ever change that. My job is to kill and profit off of the illicit activities in Europe. But like I have told you, you will never meet the darkness in me, you will never be on the receiving end of it, under any circumstance," I say and she nods slowly but she refused to step out of the shell she had made for herself.

"I know, I just need time to process it all, please," she says before standing and despite my urge to pull her to me I chose to do the right thing and let her walk away from me, and deep down I could feel my gut twist almost painfully in the one emotion I'd found to be reoccurring when it came to Aria, worry.

So I have finally completed this chapter I know ot took forever, I experienced writers block which for someone who wrote every day for 2.5 years is rare, I'm usually pretty good at being able to write. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️