Chapter Forty Three

Alessio was the first to lower his weapons, though I could tell that he was looking for a way to get Sandro to slip up so he could kill the man who was standing with himself pressed to me.

The gun Sandro help near my back and pressed every once in a while it tapped the area where my kidneys were. He was going to get himself in more pain by pressing a weapon to me.

"You have a beautiful future bride Salvatorini, the future wife of the Familia's most dangerous Don," Sandro says, and that was when I watched Matteo flick his eyes to Alessio. Then my own thoughts began working as I drowned out Sandro's voice.

Alessio and Matteo were born and raised in this world, and never went anywhere without multiple weapons.

Staring at the two brothers I knew almost immediately that in just a few moments I was going to be in the middle of a gunfight, and if I'd learned one thing Alessio and Matteo were trained killers and it would be mere moments before my fiance broke and put a bullet in Sandro's head.

"You will be wishing you kept your fucking mouth shut Sandro," Matteo says calmly all while Alessio unbuttoned his jacket discreetly as he crossed his arms, the other arm however had gone into his jacket and no doubt was wrapped around his gun with the safety off.

He wouldn't miss.

"Wishing won't be the only sound from his lips tonight, I'm going to enjoy cutting your fucking tongue out Sandro, and watching you choke on your own blood," Alessio says his tone like a ravine on K2 in the heart of winter. If someone was going to die today it wouldn't be either of the Salvatorini brothers.

"Too bad your fiance won't get the chance to see that sight," he says pulling the hammer back on the gun and jamming it into my back.

Idiot.

Having enough of this and not enjoying having Sandro's hands on me I slammed my head back against his making me dazed all while Sandro ducked as I dropped to my knees, and shots were fired but too many shots were fired as I nursed the back of my head.

Then Alessio was next to me on the ground and pulled me into his arms, one of the few truly intimate gestures he allowed himself even in the presence of his brother.

"Arianna, are you okay?" he asks.

"No I think I'm mildly concussed. Do all mafia men have such thick heads?" I mutter and Matteo chuckled.

"My brother sure does, how you put up with him I don't know," he remarks and was glowered at by Alessio before he looked to me.

"Just the fuckers who break into my house, and try to harm you," he says before the sound of squealing tires could very heard.

Alessio once again glanced to Matteo and then stood.

"Tend to her, please, I'm going to kill Sandro," he says and Matteo nodded as if Alessio going from wanting to be here holding me, to going to kill someone was the most normal and casual thing in the world.

It was for them, but I'd never fully grasped that this world did make all Mafia men somewhat bipolar.

I'd imagined that at some point Alessio wouldn't be so cold sided but he had nearly three decades to learn everything about this world, I was reminded all over again of the stories. Alessio was regarded as the most dangerous man in Italy, he was cruel and violent when it came to most mafia issues. When it had come to me he became deserving of his most well known nickname

The Angel of Death.

The amount of times that he had been referred as Alessio the Angel of Death Salvatorini was more then I could possibly have counted, stories told me that he was proficient in all kinds of weaponry including hand to hand. That he'd never been beaten in combat, and that the enemies of the Familia had never entered Salvatorini Territory since he'd become Don.