26. College and Pestilence

Start from the beginning

Alice was most loud, "So, that cop is why you keep rejecting me? Is that your fiance?"

Sam sighed, "It is seriously none of your business. Give it a rest."

Alice, "I like you Sam and I am not giving up."

Sam (⁠'⁠◉⁠⌓⁠◉⁠'⁠), "Huh? But I am taken already..... And she just ignored me."

Carlos, "She is obsessed at this point."

Sam, "She is going to hurt herself at this rate. I am not even straight."

Carlos winced, "Yeah, no kidding."

Soundwave, "Welcome back, High Lord Protector Megatron."

Megatron nodded, "It is wonderful to be back. Report!"

Soundwave, "Starscream has teamed up successfully with Elita One and they are tackling the political arena with either neutral results or good ones, it is mostly neutral though."

Megatron, "Those two always had the right attitude for the political arena."

Soundwave nodded continuing, "Shockwave's experiment to create techno organics is going positively. Marissa, Chip and June, a human who has gotten close to Arcee has shown positive results."

Megatron, "That is wonderful news indeed. Even if, future sparklings are not possible, at least our human partners will not be lost to the waves of time."

Soundwave, "Megatron wishes for more sparklings?"

Megatron, "Yes, I have always dreamed of having at least six little ones."

Soundwave nodded, "Understandable my Lord. Many have wished for their own sparklings. I noticed many of our soldiers practice the humans wishing rituals, like throwing coins into the wishing well or spring. Or writing their wishes on paper or praying to the Gods of fertility. Earth has too many Gods."

Megatron felt guilty, 'This is my fault.'

Soundwave poked his helm, "Lord Megatron is not at fault. Life can be cruel, no life was cruel to us. We have a new chance now."

Megatron, "Thank you old friend."

Soundwave nodded, "Earlier Samuel requested we find your poems and translate them. Some of them at least, and publish them, if you agree to it of course."

Megatron, "My poems.... I have not thought about them nor written another in a long time."

Soundwave, "My Lord, Samuel has suggested it will help in bringing the truth of how Decepticons were treated on Cybertron to the surface."

Megatron hummed, "Even now he is thinking of how to help me. Perhaps you are right, Soundwave. This is a good chance for a better life. My men have actually been enjoying life after coming here. Even Shockwave."

Soundwave nodded then went on giving the other reports of all the other incidents and activities that were occurring. Megatron listened to everything with narrowed optics, especially when the question of the new liaison came up. If possible they did not want another person like Mr Galloway who was facing disciplinary action currently. The human military were protective and certainly knew how to hold grudges if the smug smirks on their faces were anything to go by. No one got away by insulting their brothers in arms, be they other humans or alien comrades from outer space. Another positive news was the successful set up of the base for the moon colony.

The foundation had been laid, now they just needed to build a space station that could hold both humans and Cybertronians. Mr Simmons was definitely pushing for that project and was very proud of how far they were coming with the development. The scientists from Cybertron were doing their own research while helping their human partners with their own research. Unlike a few politicians most of the humans across the planet were actually very happy and grateful for the chance to send one person of each country to the moon. From what Megatron knew many countries were very much looking forward to the time of launch. This means the first launch will carry one hundred ninety five astronauts to the moon once they succeed.