Be Quiet and Drive

Start from the beginning

"I know, I just really missed home."

I wasn't necessarily lying, home just never crossed my mind while I was away.

My mother lay next to me and we both lay in silence for some time before I spoke up.

"I'm sorry to frighten you with, Pansy's letter."

I spoke sitting up.

"It's just, well, I don't know."

She could not know anything without having to know everything.

"Sweetheart, I understand, sometimes we need a break, you don't need to tell me now, or ever, I just want to make sure my daughter is okay."

Sitting up, she waved her arms as invite for me to join, which I so graciously accepted.

Although my mother never had a real idea of love in her mind when it came to men, she always knew how to love her children.

My head lay upon her chest with one hand combing through my hair and the other holding me in a warm embrace. Her heart beating was a reminder to me of just how tired I was and within a matter of minutes, sleep took over my senses.

~*~

I hope this letter has found you well,
I'm home for the summer and hope that you're still in first! I have come home for a plethora of reasons and at first I hated the idea and hated that Pansy wrote to my mother, I'll get to that later, but now I couldn't be happier!

I know it has been a week since I left but I just needed to write to you. I found myself mixed into boy drama for the first time ever and quite honestly I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. On one hand I'm getting attention and shown affection I have never received before but on the other hand it's so toxic, I can't go anywhere without feeling like a waste of space one minute, then for a second I feel happy.

Boys are so complicated Cedric. Anyways, as soon as you write back to me, I will let you in on everything that has been happening.

Chat soon!

Passing my letter off to my family's owl Didi, releasing it through our library's window.

Although Cedric and I have not talked in a while, I still view him as a friend, a better friend than most. I do not wish to contact Pansy just yet, I want her to understand that even though what she did worked out in her favor, she should have asked me before hand.

Didi made her way across the manor's garden, causing me to reflect on the very few fun times I had within the garden.

"Come on just give it back!"

I jumped, trying my hardest to grab back my journal, to which Theo had ripped from my hands.

"You want it back do you now?"

He mocked me, making a face that resembled a duck, implying the imperfection that my teeth were.

"Yes! You are being a nuisance Theodore!"

"Now you're definitely not getting this back."
Theo yelled, running as fast as he could to get away from me.

The cold from the winter months were set aside from the fire that had sparked within me.

Obviously I had to chase him, I could not have him read what was in the journal I had.

Theo ran and ran and ran until I caught up to him. He was standing at the edge of the dock that overlooked the manors lake, he gave me a menacing look while he held my journal above the water.