𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?

𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝐉𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦?

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐞𝐰 (𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧) - 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 2.4 K words

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕-

Everyone has something they're passionate about. Javon had boxing, Jaden had baseball, and Jayla had acting. For me, it was competitive cheerleading.

I've been doing cheer since i was 6. And not to brag, but i'm really good at it. Coach told me that i was the best in my age group which consisted of 17-19 olds.

Tomorrow was Atlantic Coast Championships. If we ranked in the top ten, we'd be going to nationals. From there, we'd compete against the top ten of the west coast, the south, and mid northern. If we go to nationals, no other group from georgia could go.

Months ago i told Javon to make sure to keep the date open. He promised he did. Seeing Javon's face in the crowd somehow made me more confident.

I looked at the clock next to my bed and saw that it was 8:37. i probably shouldn't stay up much longer. i have to leave the house by four.

Championships were in Atlanta this year so luckily we didn't have to drive too far. Every group gets practice for a half hour, ours was at 9:30.

I texted Javon goodnight and put my phone on do not disturb. i popped some melatonin and soon i was off to sleep.

--𝟑:𝟏𝟓 𝐀𝐌--

My alarm went off and i practically bolted up right from excitement. I looked over at my bags that were already packed and sat right next to my door.

I felt a chill of anxiety roll down my spine. i rubbed my face with my hands and quickly got out of bed. i washed my face, brushed my teeth, did my skincare, and changed into fresh clothes.

i put on black sweatpants, a red crop top, uggs, and my cheer jacket over it. I looked down proudly at my name and the word "captain" that was stitched underneath it. i was one of 4 captains, we needed some for our team that consisted of 35 people.

i shoved some last minute stuff in my bag before getting in the car and driving off. I left the house 20 minutes early so i stopped at the only place i could get coffee at this time, Sheetz.

I went in and ordered the largest coffee i could. I also bought 2 huge water bottles, of course they were essentia.

my coffee was called and i quickly left. i turned on a hype playlist and i pulled out of the parking lot.