XXVI. The Other Side of the Wall

IN WHICH ARAMINTA LEARNS ABOUT THE ENEMIES ACROSS THE SEA!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

ENEMIES ACROSS THE SEA!
*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

IN WHICH ARAMINTA LEARNS ABOUT THE ENEMIES ACROSS THE SEA!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

EREN WAS, ONCE AGAIN, IN JAIL.

       As it turned out, there were consequences for trying to go against your superiors and attack them. Surprising, right? So, he and Mikasa were currently locked up for their actions on that rooftop, when they'd tried to fight Hange and Levi for the Titan serum. Araminta was just lucky that she had chosen to turn the syringe back over to Levi before it was too late, otherwise she might have been locked up down there with them.

       Since they locked the two of them up for their crimes, Araminta had gone down to visit a few times. After all, they had just retrieved his father's diaries from their basement, which meant he had to fill her in on everything he found out.

       The first time, she had sat outside his cell with her back pressed against the stone wall as he told her about their enemies beyond the walls — the people of Marley.

       A long time ago — so long ago that Araminta didn't understand why they were still being punished — the Subjects of Ymir, otherwise known as the Eldians, had used the powers of the Titans to wage war on the rest of the world. So, when the Marleyans had finally defeated them, they decided that the Eldians should pay for their crimes against the rest of the world for as long as it took.

       Eren's father, Grisha, had been one of the Eldians living in Marley. He had gotten married to Dina Fritz, a descendant of the Royal Family, and they were working with a group to revolt against the Marleyan government.

       "They were ratted out, though." Eren told her. He was sitting with his back to the crappy bed they had in his cell so he was facing her. "You remember... The Beast Titan... And he said he knew my father?"

       Araminta nodded.

       "His name is Zeke... And he's the son of Dina Fritz, and... My father."