XXIV. The Town Where It All Started

IN WHICH ARAMINTA RETURNS TO SHIGANSHINA!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

IN WHICH ARAMINTA RETURNS TO SHIGANSHINA!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

       THE GRASS WAS COLD AGAINST ARAMINTA'S BACK. Usually, it didn't get very cold within the walls, unless you ventured up into the mountains like they'd done when she was a cadet. Tonight, though, there was a soft breeze that graced the air, causing the bare skin of her arms to prickle up. It was cold, but it was nice. It was a very welcomed feeling.

         She turned her head to the side, shivering slightly as her cheek was now pressed against the cold grass. The view to the side of her was enough for her to not care, though. The sight of him, laying beside her and gazing up at the stars was one she'd seen multiple times when they were just cadets, but she was pretty confident that it was one that would never get old.

        Eren's dark eyebrows were knit together as his teal eyes stared forward, unmoving. Clearly, he was extremely lost in his own thoughts, and she couldn't really blame him. It had been a crazy couple of weeks.

        After realizing he had seen their old Cadet Corps commander in his father's memories, Keith Shadis, they had all gone together to pay him a visit. It turned out, he had found Grisha, Eren's father, wandering outside of the walls, claiming to have a bad case of amnesia. The story reminded Araminta of how her mother always used to say their family came from outside the walls. It sounded insane at the time, but she was starting to wonder if maybe it was true.

        It was becoming apparent that a visit to Shiganshina, specifically to Eren's basement, was crucial to winning this war against Reiner and Bertholdt, and to find out the secrets to the Titans. So, preparations had been made, and now here they were, on their way to retake Wall Maria. After a day of traveling, they finally found a safe spot to stop and get some rest before they arrived to Shiganshina, where they knew a fight would most likely be waiting for them.

       She and Eren had snuck off, not too far away from their camp, but far enough away they would be able to talk without having to worry about any of their nosy comrades (read: Connie and Sasha) listening in on their conversations. It was proving to be pointless, though, since they weren't really doing a whole lot of talking.