X. The 57th Expedition

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GOES ON HER FIRSTEXPEDITION!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TEN

EXPEDITION!
*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TEN

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GOES ON HER FIRSTEXPEDITION!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TEN

         IN HINDSIGHT, MAYBE ARAMINTA SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT. But really, what was the big deal? All she had done was asked Christa if, just for this single training exercise, they could partner up. Just the one! They hadn't worked together before, and she was simply viewing it as an opportunity to get to know her fellow trainee. But of course, Christa's guard dog, Ymir, was not happy about that.

      "What kind of stunt are you trying to pull, Holm? You know Christa and I are always together, go partner with Spuds or something." She had hissed, standing in front of the small blonde protectively. Normally, Araminta might just give in and let them partner up, but the dirty look that rested on Ymir's features made her blood boil.

      "Exactly, you're always together. It's good to try new things, Ymir, partner up with someone else." Araminta retorted, narrowing her gaze at the taller girl.

      "Hey, Ymir, its okay, we can partner up next time--" Christa tried to step in, but was almost immediately cut off.

      "No, Christa, she's clearly just trying to start something."

        "God, you need to relax!" Araminta exclaimed, pointing a finger accusingly at her. By that point, a crowd had begun to form around them, waiting in anticipation for something to happen. Oh, she hadn't meant to cause a scene, but the louder Ymir got, the louder she got.

        "Get your finger out of my face!" Ymir smacked Araminta's hand away, eliciting a collective gasp from everyone around them. Araminta stared at her in shock, lips parted dramatically.

        "Did you seriously just hit me?" She shouted, and honestly she was beginning to wonder where the instructors were. Nobody was stepping in to stop them, not even Marco, which was a bit surprising.