XXV. The Syringe

IN WHICH ARAMINTA HAS TO MAKE A DECISION!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

IN WHICH ARAMINTA HAS TO MAKE A DECISION!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

      EVERYTHING WAS A BLUR. THE DUST CLOUD FROM THE EXPLOSION HAD FINALLY SETTLED, her friends were trying to strategize, the Colossal Titan was scattering debris in the sky, but Araminta was unable to focus on a single thing going on. All of her surroundings had blurred together, and just turned into one giant mess.

       All she could think about was Hange. Hange Zoë, her squad leader, her mentor, her... Would Araminta go as far as to dare to call them that certain word? That word they'd been thinking about the day of the coronation? The f word? Honestly, she thought she would. Hange Zoë had become like family to her.

       And they were dead.

       Right now, she was holding onto to the hair of Eren's Titan as he carried them over towards the river, but her gaze remained trained on where Hange Squad had been before the explosion. She kept waiting to see Hange's figure shoot up from the rubble, proving that she was wrong and that they had made it, but it didn't happen.

       "Araminta? Are you alright?" A voice called her out of her daze, and she looked over to see Mikasa looking at her quizzically.

        She shook her head. "Hange was there. When Bertholdt changed. I think... I think they're..." She looked down at the ground below them.

        Mikasa sighed. "I'm sorry, Araminta. I understand. When I thought I lost Eren..." She glanced up at the top of his head. "I didn't know what to do. He was the only family I had left. The thought of losing yet another person I love... It was almost inconceivable."

       "You... Love him?" Araminta asked quietly, which seemed to confuse Mikasa.

        "He is my family. Of course I love him. Just like... You're a part my family, too, now... So I love you." She admitted, and her cheeks became dusted pink.