Pre-Ceremony

Clauis had recovered after the priests from the church healed him, he decided he would think of that strange yet somewhat real dream later, now he had to focus on the current time.

It was starting. It was finally starting, the day of the ceremony was finally here. Clauis closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked pretty, really pretty. He sighed, the servants weren't stopping though, the jewels were starting to weigh, he was so sure he would throw them away once the ceremony was done. (Thrown as in removing them quickly, not literally throwing)

"Are you not done yet youngest?" His first older brother came in without knocking.

"Young master Legis! You can't enter like that! Young master Clauis is no longer a child! Keep that in mind." Nox scolded the young master who was soon to be the master. Yet Nox wasn't hesitant on scolding him.

"Calm down Nox, it's fine." Although omega, Clauis was still a male, he was fine with it. Although the brothers have now started to keep their distance from him, especially his second oldest brother who was a normal Alpha, he was sure to be tempted. His oldest brother didn't have much problem either considering he was a dominant Alpha, his third oldest brother wasn't really bothered since he was a beta.

"Anyways Clauis. It's going to be okay, if it eases your mind, I have checked the decorations and the preparations, everything is perfect, just like how you like it." Legis said with a smile and left the room.

Uncertainty filled clauis's eyes, was he that easy to figure out? But... He wasn't really worried about that, he was rather nervous on what would happen if his mate decided to come. It was an important ceremony for the Martina Vas family, since their head would be changing.

After a discussion with his father, he had given an invitation to his mate's family, but they had declined, the reason why his family could cross a sea full of sea monsters was because there was a demon slayer (His father), a magician (His third oldest brother), a swordsman (His second oldest brother) and a commander (His first oldest brother) on board.

There was no one else who would be as skilled as that, and there were bound to be losses. He had given up hope, that's right, life was much easier that way, if he doesn't expect anything, it wouldn't hurt him, that's how it should be, yet somewhere in his heart he expects his mate to be there.

Legion entered the room with little to no care but had a large grin on his face. 'That expression meant he was going to be causing trouble!' Was what everyone (Except Clauis) was thinking.

"What are you doing here, legion?" Legis asked, confused on why legion was here.

"Actually... I want to make our youngest even prettier!" He exclaimed and everyone was dumbfounded, clauis was the prettiest omega between the nobles.

"Give me a chance before giving me that look!" Legion whined, Legis had let his guard down as legion quickly moved towards Clauis, casting a spell.

The servants gasped in horror and Nox quickly moved, making distance between legion and clauis. "Third young master! Casting spell on the youngest master is forbidden by the order of the Archduke, Derik!" Nox exclaimed.

Legis frowned and Legion had a hardened expression. "Hey it wasn't a offensive spell... Look at him! He looks twice as prettier!"

Everyone instinctively looked at clauis. Clauis was standing there, staring down at his hand, which were playing with the strands of his hair, which, seemed to reach past his hips.

They weren't straight, they were slightly curled, which made them look thick and fluffy.

Nox's eyes widened, he was in a state of awe just as everybody else but he snapped out of it. "Ira! Go bring the hair accessories! Randy! Go bring the roller comb!" Nox quickly ordered the other servants who snapped out of their dazed state and instantly went back to work.

Although the curls were good, they weren't neat and refined, the roller comb would help with that, although on hair like this a crown would look beautiful, it would be seen as treason and so he avoided it.

Legis and Legion stood at the side letting the servants do their job. Legis glanced at Legion and sighed, "That was a good spell, did you create it?"

Legion looked at his oldest brother and nodded, "I have been creating that spell for the last 3 months." He had slight blush on his face, hoping he would get a praise.

"It's a very beautiful spell, thank you older brother." The praise hadn't come from Legis but from Clauis.

Legion was equally happy and nodded, a sudden determination to create more beauty related spells was ignited in him.

Legis chuckled silently as he observed their conversation. He loved these small moments wishing it would always be like this.

Although his wish was never granted.