Duke's whereabouts

The maids rushed around, cleaning the fallen and broken vases, the Castle was going through the queen's wrath, the rumours, the gossips about her daughter! "Ugh!" She grunted out and smashed another vase to the ground. The maids quickly backed away, her angry pheromones were flaring everywhere, the maids were starting to affected, but the most pressure was on the princess as she stood there, clutching her dress that was decorated with jewels. She was on the verge of tears. "LAURA KREGA!!" The queen's voice thundered.

Laura immediately kneeled down, "M-Mother... I-I am s-sorry." She stuttered out, but she said would go in the queen's ears and thus, in a single chapter, one of the female lead's main pillar was gone.

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

Clauis calmly sipped his tea, Nox by his side. "So how was the process of extracting jaggery from palm tree?" Clauis asked.

Nox smiled, "It's going amazing, The alchemists have tested your product and have said it is more nutritional, the publicity done by the guests invited to the tea party has lessened the criticism of the nobles and the fact it is healthier, the product stocks are skyrocketing, and many traders are buying jaggery."

Clauis pleased with the positive outcomes, continued to do the pile of paperwork. "Any news from father? Where is he? The ceremony is less than two weeks away."

"We have gotten a letter, he will be arriving a week before the ceremony, the first young master will be here by tomorrow and there has been no contact from the third young master." Nox replied.

"Do not give up, continue to contact brother Legion." Clauis ordered and Nox bowed and left. After Nox's departure Clauis sighed, "10 days remain till the ceremony." An enormous ceremony held on the Martina Vas Grounds.

Clauis felt a bit iffy, What was going on in his father's head when he decided to give up on his title, his father was such a mysterious person and a mysterious character. Clauis never really understood him, a quiet, cruel man, albeit the novel's simple plot, there was no way his father was such a simple character, his father, the hero of the continent, the most powerful of the continent, the Archduke of this country, he was by no means simple as described in the novel.

Clauis never knew where the Duke, his father was most of the time, the man was rarely ever in the mansion, he was either at the royal palace for work or somewhere else, he no longer took expedition missions which meant he didn't go to forests either.

Since clauis was mostly done with his work, he could think about it now, he stood in the balcony, as he looked at the beautiful grounds of Martina Vas family, A place... Where his father would be. Clauis closed his eyes, imagining, suddenly his mother's potrait came into his mind. The Duchess... His eyes widened, why did he never thought about it?

Ofcourse his father went to mother's birthplace! The northern lands! Mother was the daughter of the Duke there, A frail and kind hearted omega, renowned as the saint of the north, her voice compared to that of Angels. Ofcourse, no one from his mother's side of family is alive, leaving the northern lands in his father's hands...

The northern lands, now that he thinks about it, his eldest brother is going to be the Archduke of the Martina Vas family, then... Doesn't that mean his father will permanently stay there in the northern lands? The northern lands were not under the rule of Martina Vas family for political reasons, yet his father insisted on taking care of it. Now with his eldest brother the Archduke, His focus will completely be on the Northern lands.

He plans to abandon the Martina Vas family... Clauis opened his eyes and looked at the beautiful scenery in front of him, Sometimes he wondered, was this world really a novel? Wasn't there something more to this world? Could he truly see this World as a mere novel anymore?

Things that he never thought were proven to be true, the voices, the attitude, the storyline, everything has deviated from it's orginal path, he wondered if the female lead were to show up, would everything be fixed? Would he die? There are times he thinks... Did the original clauis really die? Despite not being liked in the family, would they really let him die?

He found it hard to believe now that he had experienced it before hand, there was no way, these guys just let clauis just like that, something happened, something he doesn't know, something is very strange and different about this world.

Is this world really a novel?

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

Everything else was peaceful, for the next few days there had been no problem, Legion had arrived after receiving a threat message from Clauis, The Archduke had arrived as well, Larkin was done with the monsters but he still kept knights around the areas, Legis had arrived as well from his inspection.

The clothes that Clauis forced them to wear were perfect, He was worried that they would either not fit or suit them, but surprisingly his family looked beautiful, elegant, handsome, gorgeous, etc. in them. Well they would look beautiful even with only rags on.

And right now? They were having a family dinner after quite a while, since the Duke had always been gone god knows where, Legis gone for the inspection, Larkin gone for hunts, Legion in the magic tower and clauis in the Academy, with no one in the duchy present it had been months since they had a family dinner.

Clauis hated this family dinner, it was always so formal that it made him nauseous, or perhaps it was because he had gotten sensitive to pheromones after having an early heat, either way, he didn't like this, being together with 3 alphas with strong pheromones wasn't easy.

"I am done, I will be leaving." Clauis said and left without another single word. As he was out of the dinning hall he quickly ran to his room, going into the bathroom and throwing up his guts.

After 10-15 minutes of throwing out, he got out of the bathroom, Nox was standing there with a worried face, Nox quickly tended to Clauis, Placing a bowl of porridge for his youngest master.

Clauis ate the porridge in peace and silence and then slept.