CHAPTER 31: NEW YEAR

Start from the beginning

"Tough times never last, but tough people do!" Ayman echoed out Aisha's favourite saying and then a smile bloomed on his face, she had read the phrase in one of Muhammad's book but she forgot to check the author of the book, the author remained a mystery to both of them until Aisha took her last breath. Ayman smirked when he remembered those times that he didn't believe Aisha's saying
"I guess you were right." Ayman said as he tilted his head up to look at the setting sun, four years ago he thought that tough people did last and tough times also lasted but now his tough time is gone. Now he truly believed that tough times never last and he was happy that Maha is the woman who stood beside him during his tough times.

Sighing loudly, Ayman left the bedroom, he knew he had to send Maha a message so she would know the location he had set up the surprise for her. After today she was going to be his and he will be hers. It all felt to good to be true.

He couldn't wait for midnight to come so he could tell her his true feelings, he felt giddy and nervous. Today he would finally tell her those three words he had been itching to say for the past two months!
............

Instead of going to the hospital like she should, Maha ended up in Ummita's house. Her uncle Mahmud had been calling her but she refused to pick up, she had a surgery with him but she didn't mind, he could always find another doctor to replace her. She knows he is definately going to scold her when he finally sees her, she just prays he doesn't go as far as telling Mariam, that would be really bad. Letting out a sigh, Maha continued to play with the glass cup that contained orange juice in it, she hasn't been feeling like herself for the past two months.

"C'mon, cheer up Maha, I'm sure Ayman will tell you how he feels soon." Ummita said as she sat down beside her and wrapped her arms around her shoulder. Maha only rolled her eyes and said nothing, making Ummita chuckle.

Yes, two months ago after Sadiq confessed to killing Aisha, Ayman had said that Aisha's absence paved a way to a new journey which led him to her. He also said that if Aisha had been alive then he wouldn't have known the joy of her presence, anyone who heard that would think he is finally in love with her but it has been two god damn frustrating month and Ayman never said anything like him loving her.

The worse part is the fact that he keeps acting all lovey-dovey which makes it hard for her to decipher whether or not he loves her, over the past two months her love for him only seems to grow and so did her yearning of wanting to hear him say those three words to her. She had thought he still needed time after what Sadiq had revealed to him but she just couldn't stop herself anymore she wanted to hear him say it to her.

"Or maybe you should just leave him like i have always suggested." Ummita said with a mischievious twinkle in her eyes, she knew that even if Maha chose to leave, the moment Ayman tells her he loves her she will come back. She had wanted him to say it for a long time and that is the reason she is starting to consider leaving him so he can figure out his feelings towards her, she felt ecstatic, for she knew that her brother was no longer dwelling on his sorrowful past and he has found a replacement for his deceased lover. She couldn't be more happier that her brother has found a woman as beautiful and kind hearted as Maha, life was finally smiling at him after four sorrowful years.

"Do you really think Ayman will realize... his feelings for me once I leave?" Maha asked timidly, as she nervously played with her fingers, she didn't really think Ayman would realize his feelings for her once she left. What if that is what he wants? For her to get tired and leave, he had always told her that he was waiting for her to leave after the 1 year she had promised, though for the past 2 months he had stopped talking about it and he seemed to repulse the idea of her leaving him. But that was only what she thought, she wasn't in his mind to know what he felt for her. for all she knew, he might still be inlove with Aisha.