𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏

Chapter Three: Trap

︎♡︎♡︎•𖦹𖦹𖦹•♡︎♡︎

Long story short, it was a bad time

Pushed from the prescription

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇, 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 of them began to search the room while Jonas paced the floor, replaying the tape

"... Find an antidote. Several are hidden around this house. One is inside the safe in front of you. You all possess the combination to the safe. Think hard. The numbers are in the back of your mind. " Jonas replayed the last sentence once again. " Think hard. The numbers are in the back of your mind. "

Athena rolled her eyes, continuing to tear apart the room with Xavier and Amanda. Daniel picked up a jacket Xavier had thrown, laying it over Gus's head before stumbling away, closer to Athena than the redhead realized.

Suddenly, gears turned and the door Xavier had unlocked started to open. Xavier staggered towards the door while Daniel and Athena helped Laura stand up, the blonde shakily standing with their help.

Xavier grabbed a stick before opening the door slightly further. Athena stood in front of Daniel and Laura, prepared for whatever could've been waiting for them. She gulped as Xavier stepped into an empty hallway, Jonas and Addison cautiously following behind.

"Hey, wait a minute." Jonas spoke up, stopping Xavier from stepping any further. "Where you going?"

"I'm gonna find an antidote, and I'm gonna get out of here." Xavier answered, picking up the bat that was in a corner.

"What? Antidote? You been in the joint. You talked to the guards that run the chambers. You know there ain't no antidote for this shit. Look at this, the doors are locked." Jonas explained, knocking on a locked door while everyone else stepped into the hallway.

"Yeah–You hear that?" Xavier questioned, knocking on the wall. "It's wood. Plaster. It's not a fortress. It's a fucking house."

"A fucking house that this son of a bitch has trapped to hell!" Athena exclaimed, speaking up as she stepped closer to Xavier and Jonas. "Listen to what the man has to say."

"All I'm saying is let's just take our time and come up with a game plan." Jonas said, silently thanking Athena for backing him up.

"Well, you two come up with a game plan. All right? I'm getting out of here." Xavier said, walking away. Addison went to follow, coughing. Athena rolled her eyes once again before following as well, Daniel trailing behind her.

Addison stopped, spotting a flashlight on the wall. "Look." She muttered, turning it on, accidentally flashing her eyes with it. They continued to walk, Athena so often checking the walls and floor for traps. After not finding any, her head turned up to the sound of Addison coughing once again.