𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐒

Chapter Three: Failed Plans

♡︎♡︎•𖦹𖦹𖦹•♡︎♡︎

When will it stop being cool to be quietly misunderstood?

I'll blow out the candles, happy birthday to me

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 the room was the clatter Lawrence made as he paced his side of the room

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 the room was the clatter Lawrence made as he paced his side of the room. Athena remained still, after having moved to the pipes she was chained to. Adam, however, stared at something in his hand, sitting on the rim of the bathtub.

By now, hours had passed and the three said nothing to one another as the clock hit 3:52. Athena was aware that time was wasting away and that they needed to start working together, but she remained silent, staring at the tile floor before Lawrence began talking.

"X marks the spot. X marks the spot." He repeated before turning to Athena and Adam, neither of which looked back. "We need to search this room again. What are you doing over there?" He asked Adam, noticing that he was staring at something in his hand.

Adam stayed quiet as Athena finally moved, standing up as she checked the walls next to her, staring at the camera behind the glass for a moment.

"Excuse me." Lawrence said, trying to get Adam's attention.

"Just because I'm stuck in this room with you doesn't mean I have to report to you every ten seconds." Adam remarked, looking up before glancing at Athena as the two shared an eye roll.

"I really don't see the point in us not helping one another." Athena rolled her eyes yet again at Lawrence's words.

"What do you want us to do? We're on leashes." Adam said, making Athena bite back a smile as she walked back over to the tub, sitting down in front of it, laying her head against the rim as she closed her eyes.

"That's exactly why we all need to talk. We need to think!"

"I am thinking!"

"Well, then don't keep me in the dark about what you're thinking!" Lawrence exclaimed, causing Adam to glance up with an idea.

"Turn off the lights."

"Huh." Athena sounded, Lawrence shared her confusion.

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Turn them off now, please." Adam repeated the question.

"Why?"

"Just turn them off for a second."

"Gordon, for Gods sake, just listen to him! You said we have to talk to each other." Athena explained, backing up Adam as she stood up. Lawrence sighed, turning off the lights, confused.