5. The Awakening

ALEKSANDER

ALEKSANDER

The incoherent shakes within my body and soul continue, while I struggle to keep my cognitive abilities in place. A low buzzing sound erupts in my mind with labored low humming in the background. My body trembles and twitches as I try to hold onto my consciousness. Hanging by a meek thread, I tune in the sniffles breaking through the echoed faint humming in the background and the shakes start to fade slowly. 

My brows furrow at the humming sound increasing in the background, and my arms start to itch as I try to open my eyes and look into the complete darkness enveloping me. I start scratching my arms as I frantically turn my head around to try taking in the surroundings but fail miserably considering the lack of any speck of light in the room. I am lying flat on my back on the solid floor, and the tiny particles on the cold floor rub against my bare back.

The exhaustion runs wild in my stomach, I take deep breaths as my body relaxes on the low cracking humming in the background, heat coming down my body against the cold floor. I lose track of time as I lay loose in the room just breathing, and the humming fades, replaced with struggling grunts in the background. The sound echoes around me, barely a whisper. Curiosity tugs at me, but I lay there unfazed and unable to move, unable to hoist myself up from the ground. I take a deep breath and close my eyes in hopes of losing it, losing myself, desperately hoping it would all disappear if I just didn't look.

The back of my head suddenly feels heavy and air slowly caresses my hair as sudden light falls on my eyes. I furrow my brows, noticing the light with my eyelids still closed. I try to open my eyes squinting, my eyes still sensitive to light and I see fuzzy shaking images around me. I throw myself on my feet, tumbling furiously trying to stand my ground. My vision has completely failed me and everything completely shakes, save the blurry moving shadow here and there. Bringing my palms and pressing them into my eyes, I do my best to rub the weariness away.

Much to my dismay, I fail to see anything clearly, despite rubbing desperately on my eyes. I can only hear the sound of muffled echoes as I hear faint laughter and murmurs. My heartbeat picks up suddenly, and delirium settles in my gut at my losing primary senses. My hands automatically join with my arms as I scratch mindlessly to soothe whatever was eating at me. I keep snapping my head in the direction of any shadow that moves, while I keep poking at my skin until I feel the warm liquid on my fingers. My fingers start gliding on my skin, as the friction decreases with the increasing amount of blood mixing on my arms.

And then I hear the humming again. My head snaps backward, while I flicker my eyes to get a clear vision while still tumbling with a shaky blurry background. I jerk and stumble forward as harsh lash land on my back, and I bring my arms out pacing slowly while the muffled waves of laughter start once again. I turned to my sides with my arms outstretched wide, mimicking to scope out before another lash came swinging hard into my face. I fell face first on the ground already exhausted, with the burnish lash resounding on the left side of my face trailing through my neck to my chest. With a deep breath, I close my eyes, desperate to rest. I focus closely on the croaked voice of humming and tuning everything out.