S2 E1: Truth

(While driving down the road, Max was finishing up telling the kids about the last time him and an old partner of his, Phil, fought Vilgax.)

Max: "And then, kablamo. No more Vilgax. Or so I thought, until today."

Zack: "So you were like the Earth Secret Service."

Max: "Yeah. We called ourselves the Plumbers. Officially, we didn't exist. We were the guys who fixed the problems no one else could. Extraterrestrial, extrasensory, extraordinary."

Ben: "So, all this time Zack and I've been going hero, we're really been following your footsteps. We're Plumbers-in-training!"

Zack: "Uh, I don't remember signing up for Plumber Ed."

Cass: "And you already knew about the watches the whole time?"

Max: "Not really. Just rumors and scuttlebutt. I was surprised as you guys when it turned up on the boys' wrists."

Gwen: "You always tell us we could tell you anything, Grandpa. Guess you didn't feel the same..."

Zack: [He wraps his arms around Gwen, pulling her into a hug.] "Hey, don't be hard on him. I'm sure he has reasons for not telling us the truth. Besides, I never keep secrets from you, right?"

(Zack gives Gwen a small peck by her temple, bringing a smile to her face, while Kelly and Cass watch in envy. Max pulls the Rust Bucket to the side of the road as several ambulances, cop cars and firetrucks sped by.)

Ben: "All right! Could be a chance for the Plumbers to go 'back to work'!"

Gwen: "Ugh. You should start by unclogging that hairball from your brain, "Mr. Plumber"."

(Zack, Kelly and Cass laughed at Gwen's joke she'd thrown to Ben.)

Ben: "Ahh, you're just jealous 'cause you're not part of the family business!" [He sticks out his tongue.]

Max: "There is no "family business". My hero days were over a long time ago."

(Ben jumps out of the RV with Zack behind him.)

Ben: "Well, ours are just getting started!"

Zack: "I'll agree with you on that one."

Max: "Boys, wait!"

Ben: "Time to XLR8!"

(The brothers activates the watches, turning the dial, and slams it down. They look at themselves in the RV's side mirror.)

Ripjaws: "Aw! Ripjaws?! What a "rip-off"..."

Chromastone: "I dialed Spidermonkey. Ah well, things won't be so bad anyway."

(As a firetruck passes by, the brothers jump on and hitched a ride to its destination. After arriving at what appeared to be hotel, the manager informed the firefighters that some sort of creature was inside. He was interrupted when Ben started using the firehose to stray water everywhere.)

Ripjaws: "Sorry, just needed to moisturize."

(The brothers leap off the truck and head inside. They find the lobby completely trashed.)

Ripjaws: "Okay, who's the punk giving us creature's a bad name?"

(In response, a creature that barely came up to Ripjaws' knees let out a screech in an attempt to be intimidating but just came off as hilarious. The brothers look at each other and start laughing hard at the pint-sized creature. The creature however was not amused and threw a couple of rocks at the boys, knocking only Ben down and the rock just bounced off Zack's forehead with a tink.)