|41|: Identity/شناخت

Zacznij od początku

Is he working with a partner?

She thought. She never knew if Pasha had any family besides what she heard about his wife. She never knew if he ever had a son or a daughter. He was one mysterious man and she wanted nothing to do with him. Again her heart ached as she thought about the days she was truly happy. Those days hold so much importance to her. The time she got to spend with her husband. She's been alone and sad for a long time. But the last few months and even when they were fighting, she was never alone. He was always there. Tears finally leaked out of her eyes and she whispered in the darkest silence

"Find me, Subhan."
~~~~~~~~~~

Forty eight hours.
That's how long she's been missing for. Forty eight hours. Two days. He hasn't seen his wife in two days. Haven't heard her sweet voice. Haven't seen her smile. It's been forty eight hours since he's wrapped his arms around her warm body. Enveloped her in his cocoon. He has searched every nook and corner, but all efforts were in vain. It seemed like she disappeared from the face of the earth without a trace. He even called the investigation department and have that number traced, but nothing solid has been found yet. He doesn't know where his wife is. In which condition she's in. He's just clueless about her. Pasha hasn't contacted too. Its like he doesn't care. He was expecting ransom call but nothing has happened of that sort. A dread settled over him when the thought crossed his mind

What if Pasha won't contact him? He always wanted Safa. Obsessed over her. He won't make a mistake to lose her again. What if he never calls him? What if he hold Safa forever with him?

All the assumptions terrified him and he jumped out of his chair and walked to the window. The yellow light was warm. The cold has came down a notch, but he didn't feel it. All he feels is this creepy emptiness. The last time he felt like this was when his brother died. That was a very dark period of his life. He hasn't been feeling that emptiness ever since Safa entered his life. It was like she brightened his dark world with her shine. She was his fire in pitch darkness. Now she's gone. What if he's hurt her? The video showed bruises. What if he breaks her? She's already been through so much. All the questions terrified him to no end. All he wishes is for her to come back. To hold her in his arms again.

The door of his room knocked and came in Altamash. He flew in last night.

"Hey I bought coffee and some breakfast."

The coffee didn't appeal him. The sight of food nauseated him. How can he eat when there's a possibility that his wife hasn't given a morsel of food? He shook his head and stared out the window. He felt his friend walking over to him and he turned to look at him.

"Eat something. We'll find her."

The words didn't bring him any calm. He can't be at peace. Not untill he has his wife beside him. Safe and sound.

The door bell rang and Altamash frowned.
"Who is this?" He was about to go see it when he was stopped by Subhan.

"I'll get it."

Going to the door, he opened to find his brother in law and mother in law. He called them inside. Altamash respectfully gave them all privacy.

"What's the meaning of this?"

Hamza asked with a bite to his tone. Subhan ignored his rude behaviour and made eye contact with his mother in law. She already looked anxious and he felt guilty to tell the truth to her.

"Safa has been kidnapped." A horrified gasp escaped past his mother in law's lips before she started to cry.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Hamza roared as he jumped up from his chair. Subhan held the phone to him and noticed the change of expressions on his face. They transformed from anger to pain in a second. He passed the phone back to him and slumped back in his chair. Holding his head in his hands, he muttered

"That freaking predator. He put his hands on my sister."

Along with his statement came a crashing wave of guilt. He has ignored all the sings of harrassment. He even disregarded his sister when she tried to tell him the truth. He completely insulted her and even told her not to show her face to him again. How could he? How could he treat his own little sister like that? His sweet little sister that always made tea for him whenever he wanted. Stood with at every step of life and even decided to marry that guy because of him. But when she took some control over her life, he accused her of bringing shame to their family. He's completely at fault here.

"How did this happen?" He asked while wrapping his arms around his mother who continued to cry in his shoulder piercing his heart.

"Two days ago." Subhan replied while his own heart constricted.

"And you're telling me now!"

Hamza roared again. Subhan ignored his outburst. It was expected. Nor does he blame him for anything.

"We should inform the police. They have to find her." Hamza said while taking out his phone.

"I have it handled. The best of teams is hired for the search. We'll find her."

He assured them, but he wasn't assured in his heart. The fear was developing each second that passes.

"Go home, Hamza. I'll call you if I find anything."

Subhan said and he nodded. He grabbed his mother and walk out of the house. Subhan watched them leave. He closed the door and went inside his room when Altamash came to him holding a phone to his hand.

"Yes he's here." Forwarding the phone to him, Subhan put it on his ear.

"Mr. Durrani we've found something."

A hope rekindled in his heart and he gripped the phone tighter in his grip.

"Tell me everything."

"We searched for the mysterious business man. He's been seen a lot of times roaming the streets of Noorie. Apparently he was also behind the death threats your brother received before his demise."

Subhan only found out a day before that his brother received death threats. It's unbelievable how much hidden his brother kept everything from him.

"We suspect he's behind the kidnapping too since you've signed the deal."

Subhan's patience was running thin. He barked into the phone

"Tell me his name!"

"Burhan Yalmaz." He froze momentarily before the name clicked in his mind. The man from the gala. The one with an eerie personality. He was behind all of this?

"He's also been seen twice in a mall with your wife."

Subhan's mind spiralled and an image of silver bangles clicked in his mind. Surely he hasn't bought that for her. That little piece of shit was keeping tabs on his wife for so long and he has been too clueless to pay attention.

"Have you find anything about my wife?" He asked into the phone. He received no reply and that made him go ballistic.

"Its not some another case on your desk, officer. It's my wife's case. Either you'll find her or say goodbye to your job."

He cut the call and threw the phone on the sofa.

"What did he say?" Altamash asked while passing his friend a chilling glass of water. Subhan gulped it in one go and slumped down on the sofa.

"Burhan Yalmaz was behind the threats and the one trying to confiscate our land. He's the shadow that's been lurking around us for so long. He might be behind this kidnapping too."

Altamash cursed and asked

"What now?"

Subhan stayed quiet for a very long time. There were several different scenarios running in his mind. Settling his friend with a calculated stare, he said

"Now we make a plan."

Altamash nodded and went in the kitchen to brew some tea. Subhan grabbed his phone and opened his gallery where there were several pictures of Safa. There was this one in which she was laughing hard. He traced her features through the screen and whispered

"I'm coming for you, Safa."
••••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Another update is here.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.