They had their guns ready .

"Guys wait!" Magnus said in a hurry. Jaxon and Dante looked at Magnus as if he had lost his marbles.  

"MAGNUS ZOYA'S MISSING!" Jaxon roared "Why are you not worried?"

"Jaxon will you let me speak?" Magnus said calmly.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY!" Jaxon shouted angrily "I just want my moon pie be safe and in front of me! And let me warn you Magnus Blake! If something happens to her because of then you will see the worst side of JAXON KING! The DESTROYER!"

Magnus was about to say something Lily heard Zoya sniffling. She looked and saw Zoya's face on her chest and felt wet tears seeping through her night shirt. Lily's heart clenched.

"Quiet," Lily said in a deep dangerous tone.

Everyone's heads snapped in her direction and she glared at all of them. She confidently walked towards the couch and sat with Zoya in her lap. 

Zoya was sobbing whole heartedly now. Magnus cursed when he saw Zoya's condition. Jaxon saw Zoya's in Lily's arms and guilt washed over him. Dante, who had been staring at Ethan in confusion the whole time, turned to Lily and his eyes widened in shock. He immediately took out his pair of gloves and wore them. He was about to walk towards Lily but she glared at him making him stop in his tracks. It wasn't that he was scared of her. He stopped because his little buttercup was in her arms. Dante couldn't risk his buttercup's life at any cost. 

"Sweet pie why are crying?" Lily asked, gently rubbing circles on Zoya's back.

"I no mean to make Dee and Jack angry with Magi," Zoya said sobbing uncontrollably.

"Baby they are not angry with me," Magnus said glaring at Jaxon who was already drowning in guilt "Are you Jaxon? Dante?"

"No Buttercup," Dante said gently "we are not angry at Magnus. Jaxon was just playing around  with him."

"Yes moon pie," Jaxon said in a hurry "I was just playing around with him. I am not angry at him."

"See sweet pie they are not angry at each other!" Lily said, gently pulling Zoya away from her "now please don't cry my dear. See everyone is worried about you."

"I am sorry Mumma, Papa, Dee, Jack, Magi," Zoya said turning towards them one by one "I no mean to make you sad."

"It's ok Angel," Ethan said with a smile.

"It's fine baby," Magi said with a smile.

"It's fine moon pie," Jaxon said looking at her tear stained face. His heart clenched in anger.

"Buttercup it's fine," Dante said gently "Now can you answer a couple of questions for us?"

"Dee you will scold me," Zoya said, her lower lip wobbling.

"No I won't scold you Buttercup," he said instantly "I promise I won't scold you."

"Jack?" Zoya asked tilting her head a little "Will you scold me?"

"No I won't moon pie," Jaxon said with a smile. He was looking at Ethan and thinking what the King of the Italian Mafia was doing here?

"I want another promise," Zoya said looking at Ethan worriedly. 

"Anything for you moon pie/buttercup," both of them said instantly.

"No killing anyone in this house," she said looking at Jaxon then at Dante "Or torturing. Or harassing. Or annoying. Unerstand?"

"It's understand moon pie," Jaxon said with a smile "And we don't do any of those things randomly."

Zoya looked at him trying to raise an eyebrow but failing miserably. All of them cooed at her cuteness.

"Fine I promise," Jaxon huffed inn annoyance.

"Dee?" she asked.

"I promise, I won't do any of those things," Dante said with a sigh.'

"Good now ask," she said leaning on Lily.

"Why did you leave the orphanage and why are you with them?" Jaxon asked pointing at Ethan and Lily. 

"You better sit," Magnus said crashing on a single couch "It's going to be a long talk."

Dante and Jaxon looked at each other and then sat on the two single couches. 

"Papa you sit with me," Zoya said turning to Ethan.

"Of course my Angel," Ethan said and sat beside her.

"Papa?!" Dante and Jaxon shouted at the same time.

"No shouting Jack, Dee," Zoya said glaring at them.

Both of them mumbled a quick sorry and looked down. Ethan and Lily were speechless. The most dangerous men in the world were getting scolded by a 5 year old? Wow.

"Long story short: I saved papa and he said he will adopt me," Zoya said in one breath not daring to look in their eyes.

"And did he?" Dante asked in a dangerously calm tone.

"Umm what," Zoya asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Did. He. Adopt. You?" Dante asked stressing every word.

"Dee he-" she tried to say but Dante didn't let her.

"I asked you something Zoya Blake Romano King," he said glaring daggers in Ethan's direction.

"Yes we are adopting her," Lily said calmly.

"Really?" Zoya asked turning to her.

"Yes sweet pie we are adopting you," Lily said with a smile.

She turned and hugged Lily then without a word she jumped from her lap. Zoya studied Ethan a little then hugged him. He hugged her back.

"Dee, Jack, Magi!" Zoya said with the brightest smile "I have a family!"

=============================================================================

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

Vote and comment if you did!

Love
Laaxmi