"Ayman, bakada hankali ne; are you crazy?!" He heard his mother, Samira yell before he felt  Aminu's hand around his shoulder, helping him to stand on his feet.
"He deserves it, this man is a monster! A rapist!" The room became eerily quiet after Ayman blurted those words out, hajiya babba, Aminu and Samira were looking from Ayman to Aleem, while Maha was still curled up on the bed in fear and Ayman was still glaring at Aleem.
"What are you talking about?" It was Aminu who was finally able to break the silence and even when he spoke his voice was barely above a whisper, for the past 5 years he had known Aleem, the man had been nothing but good and he wouldn't believe it if anyone told him the man would hurt a fly so this truly came as a shock to him.
"He tried to rape my wife! Why do you think she fainted when she saw him?! What a despicable monster, how could you do that to your brother's daughter?" Ayman walked towards Aleem and held him by the collar, his gaze met Aleem's and he glared at him forcing the man to look elsewhere. Silence settled in the room and this time no one was able to speak, no one could even move to stop Ayman from holding Aleem in a choke hold. The information was to big and shocking and it was taking quite sometime for it to sink in.

Suddenly the door burst open and everyone immediately turned to look at who had opened the door, a worried looking Zayn stood by the door as his eyes searched for Maha. When he finally found her on the bed and was about to move towards her, his eyes caught his uncle who was being held by Ayman.
"Umar?" Aleem's real name is umar Al-Harith but after what he had done and he fled, he had changed his name. He didn't deserve to use the name after he had tried to drag it through the mud, even if he didn't change his name his parents' would have made him change it. He also had to change his name because he had to keep a low profile for the pass 6 years.

After what he had done all his nieces and nephews had stopped calling him uncle, he didn't deserve that title after what he had done. If he had honoured that title then they wouldn't be were they are today. Zayn's face scrunched up in disgust as he looked at Umar's face, he despised the man after what he had done to his little sister. He mentally thanked God that he chose to come and see Tessie today else he wouldn't have seen this monster and give him a piece of his mind for what he did to his dear little sister.

He had been Maha's favourite uncle, she always wanted to go to his house for holidays and she never took no for an answer when she wanted to go. It still baffled Zayn how he was able to put all the trust she had in him and try to rape her, and to think he made her think he made her think she killed Ayub. Yes, all the family were well aware that it wasn't Maha's knife that killed Ayub. Yes, she held a knife at that time, her hands were shaking and she was crying saying she killed Ayub. What made them believe she didn't kill him was because her knife didn't have even a droplet of blood in it and yet they couldn't find any knife with blood inside the room.  Their so-called uncle who had refused to leave after his disgusting behaviour was later realized to be missing minutes after Ayub's death, everyone had come to the conclusion that something must have happened and he killed Ayub and he fled with the knife he used so his finger prints wouldn't be found on the knife.

Zayn despised him, just seeing his face now made his blood boil. When he came, the palace was in chaos and Tessie briefed him that Maha saw their father's friend and she fainted and the man said she is a murderer and she is insane, he even claimed that they were family friends. How dare he open his flithy mouth to lay such claim when he is at fault? No matter how everyone tried to tell Maha that she isn't at fault because it wasn't her knife that pierced Ayub, she refused to believe it and for 6 years she has been living with the guilt when she is actually the victim.

"Missed me dear nephew?" Umar asked with a sinister smile, he just realized that it would be futile trying to act innocent, two people were already against him and soon Aminu would call the Al-hariths' and he will find out the truth and he will rot behind bars so its better he exposes himself and makes a run for it while he still can.
"You killed my brother and tried to rape my sister!" Zayn shouted, all those emotions he had kept bottled up inside him came rushing back and he wanted to slit umar's throat.
"Your brother? Yes i killed him because he saw what he wasn't suppose to see and your sister?" He paused as he moved his gaze moved towards Maha who was still curled up in bed, his eyes were lusful as he looked at her body. Noticing his gaze, Zayn stood in front of Maha blocking her from his view.
"It was her fault for being too beautiful." The moment those words left his mouth a painful blow landed on his face and he stumbled back, he quickly scrambled far away from Ayman.
"You will rot in jail, i will make sure of that!" Zayn said, his blood was boiling as he said that.
"You don't have any evidence and that is why you were quiet for the past 6 years so I would like to see you try, I didn't run away just to be caught after 6 years!" Umar said, he stood up and made to leave but Aminu quickly called the guards to stop him from escaping.
"Let him go." Ayman said, everyone turned to look at him like he was crazy, didn't he want justice for his wife?
"Run, run as far as your legs can carry you. Run to the end of the world and I will follow you, you will rot in jail. I will ruin your life, I will be the devil in your life, no one harms my wife and lives to tell the story." The room became silent as Ayman uttered those words, now Umar became really scared, he knew how influencial the Shugabas' were and that was the actual reason he had befriended Aminu 5 years back so he could have someone backing him.
"LEAVE!" Umar didn't need to be told twice, he quickly ran outside. No one had ever outrun any of the Shugabas' once you offended them but he was hoping he would be able to. He made a wrong decision by coming here today, he had heard about Maha's marriage to Ayman and he wanted to come and scare her, he wanted to give her those injection so she would become insane and won't be able to expose him but now the tables have turned.