Jimmy twisted some sort of small metal attachment of the trunk hood to face the opposite way. And then gently slide the stroller into the trunk.

Felipe grumbled a thanks and stormed off to the driver's seat. Jimmy smirked as the door shut rather forcibly and got into the passenger side.

They drove to a place Annie had never been to before but Henri was bouncing and barking in excitement. Dada got Henri out of the car but put his leash on first. Henri enjoyed being connected to his Doms via a leash in public. He felt safe and like he was holding their hand. But since he spent most of his time on all fours, he didn't get to actually hold their hand very often. Holding hands was a special human headspace thing while the leash was a special pet headspace thing.

Meanwhile, Daddy got Annie out with her leash on and went to get the stroller from the trunk. He had to set her down on the ground as he realised with a cranky grumble that a more experienced Daddy would have had the stroller ready before getting the little out of the car.

They made their way inside the building that Annie thought looked rather boring, hopefully inside would have fun things like hopscotch and Cheerios. When she saw her little friends with Mr Edwin, Ms Ashwiyaa and Daddy Fibber, she tried to run off but she couldn't get out of her stroller.

“Wait, baby bee. Good girls wait.” Daddy said but that was dumb so she whined until Daddy let her out. Henri didn't whine or run because he knew that only good boys who didn't pull on their leash could go off leash. And today was the type of day where the activity was more fun than getting tummy scratches from his little friends.

Daddy let her out but wouldn't let her run off. “Baby bee, you can't run while you are on the leash. Did you see how Henri was a good boy? I expect you to walk like that when Daddy has you on a leash. I will take it off when it's time to play, if you are a good girl.”

“Otay, Daddy. Walk good like Hen-wee.” Annie whined. That was dumb but at least Daddy had stood close enough so she could reach and hug all her little friends. No one thought it was weird she was in a kid leash because they all had to wear them too when they were younger.

The almost 1000 year old Nate always got a little jealous when he saw baby vampires running around in public on leashes or in their backyards in vampiratios. He was turned in the 1800s, before vampires were public. So keeping secret was more important than playdates.

Vampires of his time had to be kept chained and locked in a house as far away from neighbours as possible. Often gaining the house a reputation of being haunted by the local humans but really they were just hearing the strange and loud noises infant vampires could make.

The infant vampire hospitals were camouflaged as mental health hospitals. The restraints needed and noises made blended perfectly with the often cruel, human mental health services available at the time.

Luckily, his Mama had a cabin in the woods to keep him in as he turned. He was allowed outside on a heavy chain, the modern vampire leashes had not been invented yet. And Mama would keep an ear out for humans hiking in the woods so she could get him back inside.

Getting blood also wasn't easy since modern blood banks were not invented yet either. Mama had to arrange for a human to stay nearby and they would have to walk there and feed from her directly. She would stick her wrist out the window of her cabin until Nate could be trusted.

It was all a lot easier these days. His human blood came in a juice box and was stored in the refrigerator. A sentence his human self would never have understood.

They were playing laser tag today. Something they like to play all together a lot. Nate, Beau, Gabby and Zadie would be on one team while Annie, Louisa, Henri and Molly were on the other.