Nineteen

"What the heck Nunew!" Zee says as he coughs.

Nunew stood up and got him a glass of water while he laughs. He placed it in front of of Zee and patted his back

"Couldnt you have said your joke at a diffefent time? Or were you deliberately trying to kill me?" Zee tells him after he drank the glass of water

Nunew went silent. He then lifted Zee's chin to face him.
He bent down so he's face to face with Zee.

"You've got it all wrong Hia" He moves forward towards Zee.

"Im wasnt joking" He then stared into Zee's eyes.

"I will pursue you" Nunew whispers then he glanced at Zee's lips and gulped.
Control yourself. Not yet. Nunew's brain tell him

Nunew stepped back and moved away from Zee leaving him wide eyed.

"Hia Im just going to toilet. I will wash the dished when you're done" Nunew said as he winks at still surprised Zee and walked towards the washroom.

Zee just stared at him.
"What?!" Zee quietly said. He then slapped his cheeks.
"He's not that serious right? He must still be joking." Zee talks to himself

"Right?" Zee questions himself.
"I better talk to him after breakfast" Zee said before finishing his bowl of fruits.

Nunew then came back and looked at Zee.
"All done? Let me wash the dishes" Nunew said as he was about to take his plate but Zee stopped his hand.

"Nope, we need to talk" Zee tells him as he drags Nunew to the sofa

"You dont get to joke like that and expect to get away with it." Zee sternly told him as they sit down.

Nunew sighed
"Alright, Hia listen to me first okay?" Nunew said before he takes both of Zee's hand. He then let out a sigh and looked at Zee's eyes.

"I like you. I really really like you. I feel happy when Im with you. I even feel happy just reading your messages. Your presence gives me peace and calm. You make me feel so much at ease that I feel like I can do anything." Nunew tells him.

"I..... I dont expect you to accept me. But just let me do things for you to show how much I really like and appreciate you. We can just stay as friends if you want, but just let me pursue you first. You dont have to like me. Just let me like you" Nunew honestly tell him as shy away from Zee's eyes and looked down at their hands.

Zee remained silent and Nunew doesnt know how to interpret that.

"If Im being too much for you, or if im making you comfortable. Or you dont like me like the way I thought you do, You can just tell me. Im not that fragile, I can handle a rejection you know. I will step away thats no problem" Nunew looked at him with sad eyes but still manages to smile sweetly.

Zee then squeezed his hand and pulled him in for a tight hug.

"Stop thinking. You're wrong." Zee whispers to him as he hugs him tight.
"It's not that I dont like you. Because believe me, I do. It's just that"
Zee then sighed.
"It's just that Im not sure being with me will be good for you. Im just a humble chef. I cant offer you anything but food." Zee whispers to him.

Nunew broke the hug and looked at him.
"You offer me much more than that. You offer me to be myself. You're the calm and peace in my loud world. You offer me things nobody could ever buy" Nunew tells him but Zee sighed again

"You're still young so you dont understand. Just liking each other is not enough. There are a lot of things you have to consider. Specially for you. I cant pull you down" Zee softly said