Chapter 28: Cheater

-Hiccup's POV-

"Okay, so you put this here in here and boom! I beat you once again!" Tuffnut yells in victory. They were trying to comfort Fishlegs

"Listen Fishy, there are two rules in this game. Either you become friends with us or fear us" said Ruffnut

They all giggled and I can see that Fishlegs feels a lot better. In contrast, I was feeling uneasy and so was Merida. At least I would say that way because of her moody face.

"Hey babe, I'm sure Heather will be fine" I say with a smile and hold her hand for comfort.

"It's not about Heather. It's just that, I feel like Snotlout is distancing himself from me." She says

"Why does it matter?" I ask, hurt by her words. How come she cares for Snotlout's cold attitude--- while I had to hold back my jealousy? It's unfair.

"Why? Can't you see that they've suddenly become so close like that?" Merida points at them. I still don't find the reason as to why she's acting that way but after catching a glimpse of the two laughing and smiling while they played made my inner cells itch. It's like I wanted Astrid's attention to me-- and just mine.

Realizing that I'm having such thought I brushed it off. Why do I even think that way, I need to stay loyal. I don't want to hurt Merida. Anyway, I cuddled her while she barely hugged back. Then she excused herself before Astrid came along with her. Before she could pass me I held her hand. "Astrid.."

"Hm?" she looked at me, I let go of her hand and just gently shook my head. She looked at me for a moment confused but walked away anyway.

"What the-- NO!" Snot yelled, he lost to the twins.

~Astrid's POV~

"Ah, Mer--"

"How many times do I have to tell you that it was just one time!" she yelled but with a low voice, it's weird.

"That was just one time! One mistake!"

"What do you mean it still happened? Whatever happened forget it! I don't like you it was just one time!" she kept yelling lowly

"Yeah, it's the stupidest one night stand ever!" she says on the other line, I gasp. Did she just admit that she was cheating on Hiccup?

"Who's there?!" she yelled

"I know you're there! Show yourself!" I reluctantly go out and she was shocked to see me. She hangs up before begging

"Astrid do not tell anyone about this, please!" She pleaded, I couldn't look at her straight in the eyes, wow.. this was the most unexpected thing ever. Is it a good thing that none of the fandom; except us, knows about Merida and Hiccup dating? This would be a big issue specially since there is cheating involved.

"Astrid, I beg of you! No one can know about this!" she begged, I snapped out of my thoughts and bravely looked at her with sad eyes

It was like she knew what my eyes were saying and she admitted "I know, I know! I messed up! But I was drunk and-- I- I don't know!" she tried to explain