"The Lin family was originally a wealthy and distinguished family in Chang'an. Relying on the achievements of Mrs. Lin and the countless disciples under her sect, the Lin family had a smooth official career. In the past few decades, it was more prominent than our government. That is to say, in recent years, when Lin came to The situation in Shangshu's hands has begun to go downhill, you know that. Now Taifu Lin has returned to the Lin family to take charge of the clan. On the surface, he has calmed many people, but in reality, there is an undercurrent surging underneath. Especially Lin Shangshu, who has reached middle age. But because of his incompetence and the transfer of power, the concubine thinks that he is willing to do so?" Mrs. Sheng Guogong asked in a low voice.

Shen Ji said softly: "Sister, what do you mean, is there internal strife in the Lin family?"

Mrs. Sheng Guogong nodded: "Lin Shangshu was also a person who held great power in the past. Faced with the flattery of wine and meat, not everyone among thousands of people can be as cool as the old man and keep his heart. Even if he is a biological father and son, how can he know that there is no intrigue. I wonder if my concubine knows that the old man fell ill some time ago?"

"I heard about it too, but I didn't think much about it. I thought it was due to old age and hard work that would make you feel uncomfortable."

"It's not that simple," Mrs. Sheng Guogong shook her head and whispered, "Mr. Lin is suppressing this matter. Not many people know. In fact, she is not ill, but angry."

"Lin Shangshu was born in a distinguished family and held a high position, and Taifu Lin had a good education since he was a child. However, when he reached middle age, he misbehaved and fell in love with an actor from a humble background. He was originally raised outside, but a few days ago She insisted on taking her into the house as a good concubine, and was so angry that Mrs. Lin fainted. I also learned about these things by accident. They are so secret that among the people who came today, I am probably the only one who knows about them."

Shen Ji covered his lips and smiled: "I knew it when my sister said that. No wonder I heard Mrs. Lin say something about a little bitch when I came to the flower viewing party. That's it."

After talking about the Lin family's family affairs, the two of them chatted about some of the family's quarrels and had a good time. Qingtan came back from outside and stood not far away to wish Shen Ji a blessing. Shen Ji then said: "Sister, wait for me."

Qingtan looked around, leaned into Shen Ji's ear and said, "Your Majesty has already predicted what will happen today. It is natural to make mistakes and be punished. It is unethical to cry in front of the emperor. If Mrs. Lin is still worried about Mr. Lin, she will naturally restrain herself. Moreover, Your Majesty also He said that if Mrs. Lin faints, she will ask the empress to find an imperial doctor to treat her and send her out of the palace when the time comes."

Shen Ji raised his lips and smiled slightly, nodded to indicate that he understood, and then prepared to walk back to Mrs. Sheng Guogong.

The implication of His Majesty's words is that the palace has exhausted all benevolence and justice. If you don't care about Lin's continued trouble, then don't blame your Majesty for being even more dissatisfied with Lin and sending Minister Lin to the imperial court to ask questions.

Besides, waiting for Mrs. Lin to be really sent away would be a big embarrassment, and she wouldn't be able to take advantage of her.

However, what Mrs. Sheng Guogong said to her was very useful. Even if Lin Shangshu was middle-aged, it didn't matter if he liked actors from humble backgrounds. He was raised outside and no one said anything, so why bother bringing him back to the Lin family?