Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41

The emperor came in person, and dozens of people knelt down in front of the chamberlain's door. Shen Ji's eyes were red, and wet tears hung in her eyes. She felt unspeakably aggrieved and pitiful. She carefully covered her stomach with one hand, nodded softly and saluted: "Concubine I would like to pay my respects to Your Majesty."

"Get up."

The imperial chariot stopped steadily in front of everyone. Qin Yuan walked down from the imperial chariot with a sullen face and said in a cold voice: "I just came out of the Xuanzheng Hall to discuss matters. I didn't even have a moment to relax. Someone came and said that the noble lady was kneeling down to serve the provincial gate. forward."

He looked at Concubine Lin coldly: "Did you do something good again?"

"Jade Lady is pregnant. I have repeatedly told the people in the palace to take good care of her and not to hurt her. Concubine Lin, are you turning a deaf ear to my words? Or are all of you, the Lin family, like this? You rely on your favor to give birth to children. Jiao, you forgot your duty."

Concubine Lin opened her eyes in disbelief at such a stern and indifferent question, and subconsciously shook her head.

She had never seen His Majesty speak so harshly in public, especially towards her.

For so many years, His Majesty has always been indulgent, tolerant and doting on her. From the Prince's Palace to the Royal Palace, he has always given her whatever she likes and done whatever she wants.

They have known each other since childhood, and she has always been different from those emotionless women in His Majesty's heart. His Majesty dotes on her, loves her, and respects her. Among all the concubines in the palace, she is the most favored. Even though he likes the queen, he is disrespectful to her. His majesty will only frown slightly and admonish, but never scold.

Not to mention refuting her face in front of so many people, but since she became pregnant with Chang Le, everything has gradually changed.

The Lin family is an extremely prominent family in Chang'an. Because my grandfather was specially appointed as Taifu by the late emperor, he has a very high prestige in the court and has countless disciples. In the huge court, the power of the Lin family is like being buried deep under a big tree. The thick root system of the soil penetrates into every corner.

In the past, when my grandfather was the head of the Lin family, although he was very famous and had a great family, his grandfather was very strict in his administration. The Lin family always followed the rules and was the most capable minister around the emperor.

Since his grandfather no longer interfered with the affairs of the Lin family and lived in seclusion in the suburbs of Chang'an, and his father was in charge of affairs, the Lin family became more and more popular, but his ambitions also grew.

In the past two years, there have been many troubles, but most of them were suppressed by my father. Until last year, some unscrupulous things became more and more troublesome, and finally came to His Majesty.

It was also from that time on that His Majesty no longer doted on her as before.

But even though Lin is like this, although His Majesty does not favor her as much as before, he still has a place for her in his heart and treats her seven times as well as before.

Time passed, and until the newcomer entered the palace, she felt as if she was falling from the clouds.

If it weren't for Shen Ji, how could other women divert so much of His Majesty's attention, and how could she, Lin Xuanji, suffer the consequences again and again!