Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about? I'm being super careful!" Luffy's adventurous expression on his face. "I'm gonna catch that ghost and keep it as a pet." He grinned widely, showing what his box was for by patting it with his hand.

"You're underestimating it!!" Usopp declared with a shout.

"And above all else, we have to bring back our dear crewmate." Luffy spoke seriously, talking about Brook. He then proceeds to ask Sanji for a lunchbox for the road.

"I've got your lunchbox." Robin spoke, holding up the to-go containers.

"Luffy! Franky! You'd better be sure to protect Robin and Ama!" Sanji spoke to the two.

"There's nothing like exploring an uncharted island, is there?" Franky says, getting pumped up.

"You gotta be kidding! Robin! Ama! You're going with them?" Nami asks.

I smile. "But of course. Even if I didn't, I'm sure Lu would just drag me along."

"Shishishi," Luffy laughed hearing my response, further showing that I was assumed correctly.

"I simply love the thrill." Robin spoke, earning a laugh from me.

"All right!" Franky grabbed our attention. "So, guys, we're gonna take a small boat to disembark, but I've still got a special surprise I haven't shown you yet! It's Soldier Dock System, channel 2!" He finished with a big grin and placed shades on.

Franky revealed a small steam engine paddle boat that was named the Mini Merry!

Usopp, Nami, and Chopper were the ones who pulled it out of the ship's interior, taking it for a mini spin. They were all so happy to have something that reminded them of the Going Merry.

Zoro gave Franky an earnest compliment, which threw me for a loop. I didn't know Zoro could act that way. I mean I knew mentally, but seeing it in person was a whole different experience.

Franky enjoyed all the compliments, having earned them all with hard work and compassion. He then started to talk more about his docking system, telling us what was in each channel.

A familiar scream in the distance caught all our attention.

"Nami! What is it!?" Sanji shouted over the side railing. "What happened?!

We were no longer able to see them on the water.

"What are they up to?" Zoro spoke irritably. "I can't see squat through this fog!" He complained.

Sanji sneered at the swordsman for his lack of concern.

"But her scream came from the island." Robin mentioned.

Luffy ran over to the edge next to Sanji and Zoro. "Guys! Lemme ride the Mini Merry already!" He shouted towards the waves, more impatient than concerned.

"Jerk! You should be worried about Nami!" Sanji snapped at the unlistening strawhat.

Franky sweatdropped next to me. "And you should be worried about the other two beside her!"

"Facts." I laugh at their argument.

"Chi!"

"I wonder if that scream means a ghost killed them with a curse." Robin nonchalantly utters.

"Stop that! Don't jinx them!" Zoro told the raven haired woman.

I leaned my air board against the railing, seeing that we wouldn't disembark for a little.

Suddenly, the anchor dropped after no one touched it. Then random doors and hidden hatches started to open randomly without anyone being near us.

We all got on guard, not knowing what to expect.