/~.Noble Maiden Fair.~\

A/N: Oh look i updated again-

***************************************************************************************

Storms raged in a battle of the heavens above. Wind whirled around the house, creating an eerie sound.

A small lump under a blanket watched the storm with fascination. A pair of big blue eyes stared out the window.

A woman with red hair pulled in a ponytail silently rocked back and forth in her chair by the fireplace as she knitted.

" Did you see anything interesting Varian?" She asked without looking up. The young boy's muffled squeaky voice answered in a tentative voice.

" No, I wish I knew how the clouds made storms! Do they get mad?"

The boy's mother chuckled silently with a smile. " Why would they be mad?"

" I don't know." Varian shrugged.

Ulla gave him a side glance. " You know, you're pretty brave, most boys your age are scared of storms like this."

" I'm 4 years old! I'm not scared! I just don't like the angry clouds.."

Thunder suddenly roared as the windows flashed with lightning.

Varian screamed and jumped out from his hiding spot under the blanket, running to his mother on her lap.

" Shhhh..." His mother cradled him gently as she rocked. " You're alright." She ran her gentle hands through the young boy's wild black hair.

" I told you they were mad." Varian whispered.

" Oh.." Ulla looked down as she met her son's big blue eyes. " My brave boy, i'm here. I'll always, be right here." She said with smile as she hugged her son. She began to sing a lullaby.

( A/N: The song is in Gaelic, but i put the lyrics in English so you can read them. :) I always had a headcanon that Ulla was of Scottish descent, when i read her lines i can hear her saying them in an accent, but that's just me. )

" Little baby, hear my voice

I'm beside you, O maiden fair

Our young Lady, grow and see

Your land, your own faithful land

Sun and moon, guide us

To the hour of our glory and honour

Little baby, our young Lady

Noble maiden fair

Little baby, hear my voice

I'm beside you, O maiden fair

Our young Lady, grow and see

Your land, your own faithful land.."

Varian opened his eyes and looked at his mother as he sang along in a nasally voice. Ulla smiled widely as she gently touched his forehead with her own as they looked in eachothers eyes.

" Sun and moon, guide us

To the hour of our glory and honour

Little baby, our young Lady

Noble maiden fair..."