CHAPTER 19 - kitchen ritual (पहली रसोई)

hello dear readers.

a new update, and do vote, because the  target of 200 votes is  not reached on the last chapter  , i am only updating because  today is the last day of the year 2023 .

and i am thinking to update tomorrow as it is newyear only if the target of 200 votes on this chapter will reach . otherwise , no update ,..............

well happy newyear in advance,

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

i and mumma left for the kitchen........

while descending down the stairs mumma reminded me to cover my head with pallu,

when we reached down stair , dadi, riya, daizy bhabi was present there , i mean all the women's of the house was there and than dadi ji speak

yeh kya haal bana rakha hai mehak, 2 din bhe pure nahi huye hai tumhari shaddi ko abhi aur tum se gahne bhe nahi dale jaate , navi naveli ho aur upar se mahlotras, ki bahu ho apni nahi kam se kam humari izzat ka toh lehaaz kar lo , abhi jao apne kamre me and  aur gahne dal ke aao, aur tumhare pass kami hai gahno ki toh bato abhi mangwa dete hai,

(What is this condition you have maintained Mehak, its been only 2 days of your marriage that too is not complete and you are no longer able to wear jewellery which is the sign that you are married , you are newlywed and above that you are daughter-in-law of mahlotras , if you can't respect your owner , atleast try not to destroy our dignity and honour , now go to your room and wear more jewellery ,and if you have shortage of jewellery than tell me i will order it now.)

yeh toh sukar hai saare rishtedaar 9 baje aayege ghar , agar kisi ne dekh liya hota tumhe ese toh kya kehete ....... ki sukhmani vese toh bohot bade ghar se hai aur bahu ko do gehne nahi de sakti,

(thank god that , this is good that al the relatives will reach here by 9 am ,what if anyone would have seen you then what would they have said... that Sukhmani is from a very reowned and wealthy family and she can't afford some jewellery for her new daughter-in-law)

aur ab se samaj lo ki shingar pura hona chaiye tumhara, aur aaj ke baad mujhe yeh dohrana na pade,

(And from now on, understand that your grooming should be complete, and from today onwards I should not have to repeat this, ever again)

mumma tried to interupt, but dadi showed her palm to her (means stop not to interfair)

abhi toh sabse pehle din he bataya tha ki izzat ho tum is ghar ki ...... phir bhe tumne dikha diya , ki tum neechle ghar se ho.......

(i had told you on the very first day that you are a respectable member of this house, and you carry honour of this house ... yet you have shown that you are from a lowly family...)