5

I was running through the forest and yelling at the same time.

"DAD! MOM! GRANDMA! LIAM!" I kept calling them out as I neared a clearing.

It was the main road that had been made through the forest. Sweating profusely and breathing rapidly, I sprinted off on the road, seemingly for no apparent reason.

And then, right in front of my eyes, I saw them. But not the way I had been expecting them to be.

Dad lay with his back on the road as an undead chewed out his intestines. A werewolf was busy in gobbling my dead mother's brain which it had broken out of her skull, her body lying lifeless like others.

Grandma writhed, unable to utter out any word as a vampire lusciously drank her blood from her throat, tearing the flesh of her neck simultaneously. Liam however was the oddity.

He lay still with his head tilted to the other side. Blood gushed out of his guts and throat and suddenly, he tilted his head to face me.

His eyes had been ripped out, blood pouring out of his empty sockets. After a few silent moments, he coughed out blood and began screaming.

"HELP ME NICO! HELP ME NICO! NICO! NICOO! NICOOOO!" Liam's voice rang through my ears. It felt like my brain was going to explode when finally I jolted awake.

I was drenched in sweat and was breathing heavily. I sat and tried my best to come back to reality. It took me sometime to come out of the effect of the nightmare and once I did, I scanned the room that I was in.

The walls were painted pink with the floor carpeted in purple. A purple blanket lay on me and sitting on my either side were a teddy and a bunny.

What? Was this for real? What was I doing in the vampiress's room? Who got me here? Where was Liam?

Terrified, I tried stepping off the bed which only resulted in a sudden jolt of pain through my temple. Placing my palm against it, I felt the presence of gauze bandage around my head. Looking at my arms and legs, I saw a few bandages here and there.

Quickly, I recollected what had occured. I'd had an accident. Liam was there, probably with the driver of the vehicle before I passed out. But this did not explain what I was doing in a vampiress's room.

"Liam! LIAM!" I shouted, hoping he heard my voice if he was anywhere near. I kept shouting out Liam's name till the moment the door to the room opened and my throat had run dry.

"Li-" I coughed while Liam entered and ran towards me.

"Hey, hey, hey" Liam adjusted himself beside me on the bed, his arm around my back while I lay my head on his chest. "Quiet Nico, quiet."

He placed his right palm on my cheek while I muttered, "What are we doing here?"

"Staying, for now."

I shoved him away, glaring into his eyes. "Staying? You do know a vampiress lives here, right?"

"With her vampire brother," he stated.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. "You've gotta be kidding me!"

"They're not like the others," Liam assured. "They're ready to accommodate us till you get well."

"Do you hear yourself Liam?" I was panicking. "These are vampires to say out loud! How could you trust them?"

"I did not want to. But how could I let you bleed to death? Besides, the vampire, Axel is apologetic for the accident he caused and wants you to heal here as an apology."

"So it was his deed," I rolled my eyes. "It's the least he could do for me."

"Indeed," a deep and dry voice came from the entrance. The two of us turned and saw a guy roughly a couple of years older than me standing at the door, his body leaning against it.

The guy had sharp and mean hunter eyes, his jawline seemingly perfect. His body was well tonned with abs visible through his plain white shirt but was not bulky.

He had black silky hair and must be little over six feet tall. Wearing a sleek black pant, he appeared extremely attractive even without dressing up extravagantly.

"I'm apologetic for what occured last night," he said. "I'm aware that letting you and Liam stay here may not be enough, but I do hope that it might not be in vain."

"How do you suppose we are meant to feel safe among two vampires?" I asked. Liam nudged me, indicating me to stop saying anymore ill, but he knew how narky I was.

Axel sighed. "Logically, if we would've meant any harm to either of you, we could've done it already."

A chill ran down my spine when the realization of his words hit me. I felt thankful that neither he nor his sister had killed either of us, but why?

"I'll take my leave now," he said and turned back to look at me. "Let me know if you require anything. I'll try my best to assist you with your requirements until you heal."

"Liam," Axel faced Liam, "dinner's in an hour. If Nico would like, you may bring him down."

Liam nodded as Axel left.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Almost a day," Liam replied moving closer to me. "I thought I'd lost you Nico."

"Had I not said that I won't be leaving you so soon?" I mocked him as he embraced me in a hug. He was so sweet!

"Can I take a bath?" I asked. "I stink badly."

"Of course you can," he nodded. "Come, lemme help you to the bathroom."

Liam helped me up the bed. My neck and legs pained badly, alongwith the throbbing in my head. With baby steps and Liam's support, I entered the bathroom.

The bathroom was luxurious. It had two ends where the left led to a glass shower and the right to a circular bathtub. A wall stood a few feet away from the bathroom's entrance into which a door was embedded which opened into a restroom.

"Let's get you to the bathtub," Liam suggested, "you won't be able to stand in the shower for long."

I agreed and he helped me carefully to the bathtub. Once I reached, he turned the geyser on alongwith the bathtub tap. Warm water poured in and I turned to stare at Liam.

"What?" he asked unknowingly.

"Am I supposed to take bath in your presence?" I questioned mockingly. Realization hit him and with an exclamation, he left.

I began stripping down the night dress that I had worn since the night the apocalypse had spurted. Once I had removed my shirt, I was dropping my pajamas when the bathroom door opened.

Liam entered inside carrying a fluorescent green towel with him. He ran his gaze across my half naked body while he hung the towel.

"Selena gave this to me. I've kept your clothes out on the bed. Do you need anything else?"

"Yes," I smirked.

"What?"

"Your absence!" I rolled my eyes. Taking a reluctant look at me again, Liam left the room.

I waited for a few more seconds for enough water to accumulate in the bathtub. Once it did, I entered into the bathtub and let the warm water embrace my body. How relaxed I felt when the water warmed my soft skin! All my body pain dissipated into the water's comforting embrace.

A bottle of bubble bath lay next to the bathtub which I had not noticed before. Wish I had, I would have used it when the water was running. Never mind!

I stayed in that position for a while, relaxing myself. After sometime, I decided to get out.

Draining off the water and wiping my wet body using the towel, I gave a huge sigh of relief. Wrapping the towel around my lower half, I slowly made my way to the bathroom door and opened it to exit.

I almost shivered with the sudden drop in the temperature. As mentioned by Liam, he had placed a simple T-shirt and a comforting pant on the bed.

Bending down, I picked up the T-shirt when suddenly the door to the bedroom opened.