1

Returning home from school has never felt so pleasant.

That day was cloudy, the sun's rays barely penetrating through the thicket of the clouds. To my relief, it wasn't going to rain, according to what the weather forecast had predicted. Who likes to return home all drenched and muddy?

As I made my way to home, I couldn't help but feel jovial. Oh, how thankful I was for it to be Friday!

I had made meticulous plans for this weekend. My most desired flavours of chips awaited for me to get consumed. Cola was stored as well to appease my naughty taste buds.

Imagining the ambience of lying at my bed, chewing snacks and binge watching Netflix, especially when the atmosphere was so cloudy and cold made me feel goosebumps.

I'd suffered five painful school days to finally be able to relax in my bedroom. With excitation, I increased my pace of walk. Big mistake!

Within moments, I was lying face down on the ground, wincing in pain.

Tripping has been the biggest nuisance in my life. A day doesn't go by without me kissing the infectious ground a couple of times. But today, I was determined. This nuisance couldn't hinder my pace, not today!

Sprinting off, I reached home, throwing my bag aside and getting undressed.

Entering the warmth of the shower, I let myself drown in it as I washed off and bond by habit, played with myself simultaneously till the sudden relief of pleasure was experienced.

Once I was done with my 'business', I quickly put on a maroon round neck long sleeve T-shirt with a pair of jungle green shorts and hopped into my queen sized bed, taking a quick glance over the texts sent by my friends.

"Here's your favourite strawberry syrup pancake," my mom said, entering the room whilst carrying a plate that contained four of this delicacy.

I sprang out of the bed, taking the plate instantly from her.

"Looks like someone's impatient," mom chided sarcastically.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked cheerfully hopping back at my bed, digging into the first pancake.

"So now you ain't concerned about your lean physique?" mom asked humorously as she sat beside me.

"Oh damn!" I realized. Taking a glance at the luscious treat, I said, "Two for now, two for later."

Mom huffed as I gobbled down the first.

"All right Nico, I'll leave for Granny's." She stood up, patting my head gently. "Don't bring a disaster when I'm away for the weekend."

"I won't mommy," I replied as she approached the bedroom door.

"I'll be back by the Monday morning if granny feels better. You can invite friends home if you'd like, but no parties."

"Mom!" I exclaimed placing the partially devoured plate at the bed. "This is the millionth time you've said it since yesterday. Don't you trust me?"

"I do my baby," she said as she stepped back and pecked my temple. "Just making sure. Take care!"

As soon as I heard the entrance door shut, I jumped with glee. Oh, how badly I had been waiting for this weekend to arrive, when home alone, I could do literally anything!

Of course I did not plan on disobeying mom since factually my plans were concentrated in being alone and having fun. Little did I know that this 'fun' would not last longer than a day.

The rest of the evening flew by as I watched continuous series and had snacks. I knew well that eating them would disfigure me, but I gave little thought to it, promising myself to go at a strict diet from Monday.