Shen Ji lowered his eyebrows and smiled: "Your Majesty works hard for the country every day, and yet he thinks so thoughtfully about Susu. It is a blessing for Susu and the children."

Qin Yuan sighed softly: "Your pregnancy is not going smoothly, and I am always worried. Fortunately, it is already seven months. By mid-May, you will be able to give birth to full term."

"I promise you that no matter you give birth to a prince or a princess, I will promote you to the position of Shunyi. Only those who are in the fifth rank of Shunyi or above in the palace can raise their children in person. Although you have only been in the palace for a year, you have already been promoted quite quickly. , but you worked so hard to conceive this child, I can't let you lose."

Although Shen Ji had already guessed that she would be promoted to the Jin Dynasty after giving birth to a child, but now that His Majesty could personally promise it, she was still very heartbroken.

She raised her eyes and looked at His Majesty intently, her wet eyes seemed to be able to speak, gathering thousands of words, and finally nodded: "Susu, thank you for Your Majesty's grace."

While he was talking, Qingchen and his maids had already returned from the Shangshi Bureau to get the dinner, and placed the sumptuous dinner on the dining table one by one.

Qin Yuan personally helped Shen Ji get up, and the two walked side by side to the table and sat down facing each other.

After tasting the dishes, Zhang Pu came in to prepare dishes for the two of them. During the meal, Qin Yuan would look at Shen Ji's face from time to time. He looked back and forth and couldn't help but laugh deeply: "When you were not pregnant before, your diet was often light and your appetite was not good. Small. Now that your belly is getting bigger, I wonder if the child in your belly is greedy. I see that your food is much sweeter today and your appetite is larger."

Shen Ji swallowed a chopstick of rice in his mouth, curled his eyes and smiled: "Everyone says that during pregnancy, one person eats and two people take supplements. The child is now seven months old, and my appetite is much better than before. Speaking of which, , this child is quite sensible. I heard from Concubine Zhuang that when she was pregnant, she was extremely ill and felt uncomfortable for several months. She said that Concubine Yi was also swollen during pregnancy. But now, in addition to being bulkier, I have I don't feel too big, I eat and sleep well, and I only have a big belly."

"I would like to thank this child for being so sensible and not letting me become swollen and ugly. If not, Your Majesty would now think that I am edible. If I really become ugly after giving birth, wouldn't it be even worse? His Majesty is disgusted."

Qin Yuan smiled faintly: "You are so sharp-tongued that even I dare to challenge you."

That's all, he added in a warm voice: "I like you to eat more."

-

The next day, His Majesty and the Queen went out of the palace to pray for rain and offer sacrifices in response to the severe drought in Suzhou. The Queen Mother then summoned the concubines to give lectures.

It is said that there is a severe drought in Suzhou and the people are in dire straits. This is a major event related to the country and the livelihood of the people. The previous dynasty sent people and money, and even the emperor and empress went to pray for rain in person. As a concubine in the harem, she could not leave the palace for even half a step, but she still treated the world The example of a person should not be lived in extravagance.

From now on, except for raising children and pregnant concubines, all other concubines must reduce their expenses by half, and use less gold, silver, and jade. The saved silver can be used to relieve disasters.