Chapter 41-50

Beginne am Anfang

Concubine Lin's tears fell slowly, and she looked up as if she couldn't believe it: "Your Majesty, you didn't even ask what happened, did you just assume that it was my concubine's fault?"

"My concubine is a bit domineering, but she never punishes anyone for no reason. The noble lady is pregnant, and I never wanted to hurt her child. It was the noble lady who made the rude remarks first, and she is also the noble lady." Making unreasonable demands!"

"I just want to maintain the order of the palace to prevent anyone like the noble lady from taking advantage of her pregnancy to cause trouble. Can a pregnant concubine be arrogant?"

Her tone was extremely sad, and she burst into tears when she spoke, but His Majesty just frowned and said coldly: "I would like to hear what request Mr. Jade made that could make you so angry."

Concubine Lin's body froze for a moment.

Unexpectedly, she had already talked about this. Instead of softening his heart or speaking for her, His Majesty dug into the issue and asked Shen Ji what exactly he said...

Today's farce was really ridiculous. After hearing all the ins and outs, the Queen Mother lost her patience. She glanced at Concubine Lin, put her arm on Mei Ying's arm and sat on the chariot, and said slowly: "Jade Concubine wants to pick it up one day in advance." According to the monthly regulations, Concubine Lin is not happy."

"As a concubine of the harem, and someone who assists the queen in managing the harem, she is mean and jealous, has no tolerance for others, is harmful to the emperor's heirs, and has no regard for the royal family."

"If you are neither virtuous nor virtuous, how can you set an example for other concubines?"

Although the Queen Mother did not say it clearly, the meaning was already stating her position. The people present were all human beings, so they could naturally understand what the Queen Mother meant.

Among the crowd, Shen Ji looked at His Majesty pitifully but said nothing.

Concubine Lin was domineering, which made everyone in the palace dissatisfied, and was even more disliked by the Queen Mother. However, despite this, when His Majesty looked at her, he still hesitated for a moment and was still thinking about it.

She didn't know whether His Majesty was weighing the Lin family, or thinking about his relationship with Concubine Lin, or Princess Changle, but Shen Ji couldn't let His Majesty hesitate.

Now is the best time to reduce Concubine Lin's power. With the public's expectation, she cannot lose this opportunity.

The autumn wind is bleak, and it feels particularly cold on people.

She first knelt for half an hour, and then stood for a while. Her body was already weak and weak, and she had no strength left. Shen Ji lowered his eyes to hide his calculations, swayed, and fell weakly on Shuang Ying.

When everything is quiet, the slightest movement can attract everyone's attention.

The queen noticed Shen Ji's strange behavior and hurriedly turned to look at her and persuaded her softly: "Your Majesty, Queen Mother, Lady Yu is weak and has been kneeling for so long. I'm afraid she's not feeling well. This place is not far from my concubine's Fengyi Palace. , why not help her go to Fengyi Palace to rest for a while, or let the imperial doctor take her pulse and see if there is anything unusual."

After that, she glanced around: "Besides, today is the end of the month, and the Ministry of Internal Affairs is busy. There are many people here, and it is not good to keep them here all the time. The ins and outs of the matter are already clear, as for how to deal with it. , it depends on His Majesty's wishes."