Epilogue 1/2

The meeting happened the day after the recent events following the death of Commander Anderson and his second lieutenant, Anthony, the final member of the Dog of Wars in the old system of the Battle Reenactment of America Association. Present in the room were members of the Sensha Do Federation, the Japanese Ministry of Education, and the JSDF. On the American side, representatives included the America Board of Education, America Tankery League, and officers from the U.S. Army.

As everyone took their seats, Doyal Houston, Lieutenant Colonel of the U.S. Army, sat beside his wife, Delia Houston, Chairwoman of the America Tankery League. Alongside them was the President of the America Tankery League, and behind Doyal stood Major McKenzie, standing at attention.

Representing the Sensha Do Federation was Ami Chono, a member of the strengthening committee from the JSDF and a close friend of the Nishizumi family. Other Japanese representatives included Shichiro Kodama, the Director of Sensha Do, Chyio Shimada, supportive of the war game idea, and Shiho Nishizumi, seated in the room.

From the Ministry of Education on the Japanese side, Renta Tsuji was present. After witnessing the final brutal fight between Anderson and Houston on top of the construction building, where they engaged in a fistfight and Houston emerged victorious, Anderson's death remained unknown, with only Don Houston, the older nephew of Doyal and Delia, being aware of the details.

As everyone gathered, the discussions commenced. Doyal and Ami engaged in pleasantries and discussed the outcome of the match and its unexpected turns. Subsequently, the conversation shifted to the cost of repairing the damages caused by the high schoolers on the island.

Both the League and the Federation agreed to bear the costs of repairing the island's infrastructure. The discussion on this matter lasted for three hours. The subsequent topic was the plan to help the high schoolers catch up on their education after being away from their classes due to the events.

"Now then, if we may, we can move on to a more important topic – we'd like to know how Commander Anderson and the former Vermont Tankery Academy arrived on this island," spoke Doyal Houston, capturing the attention of the room. The President of the League spoke up in response.

"Indeed, Colonel Houston. I want to know how Anderson came upon this island," the League's President asked.

"Well, based on reports from my high schoolers and, more importantly, my nephew, he reported that Anderson infiltrated the island by posing as reinforcements for the League's professional players. They surreptitiously transported their equipment and supplies, capturing key individuals in our departments, including the League. Don found the League's DARPA chief's corpse, describing that all of the chief's blood was drained," Doyal explained.

This revelation made everyone in the room feel sick, but Doyal continued with the report in his hands.

"But it doesn't stop there. He killed over five hundred American boys when he unleashed the so-called Patriot system that he claimed to have built. He used it to control the weapons, rendering the boys defenseless as Anderson ordered his troops to gun everyone down. Fortunately, none of your girls were hurt or injured, only the boys," Doyal concluded.

The room fell into a heavy silence as the gravity of Doyal's words settled among the attendees. Shiho Nishizumi, known for her stoic demeanor, showed a rare flicker of emotion as she processed the information. The President of the League spoke up, breaking the silence.

"After what happened at the Dallas Incident.... I promised, hoping this didn't happen again.... Just why.... Why does it feel like the past has come to haunt us," the President of the League said.

"Speaking of this topic, aren't you Americans responsible for having that incident in the first place?" Renta asked.

"Well, before the League was formed, the Association was in control during the incident when it happened," Delia spoke up.