Chapter 7

Meanwhile at the Houston Manor

Aunt Dee entered the manor wearing her work uniform as the Chairwoman of the American Tankery League. She took a huge breath, trying to relieve the stress from all the paperwork regarding the American boys who were fighting against the Japanese schools of Sensha-Do on Oshima Island.

As she walked into the living room, she placed her bag down, unclipped her hair, and sat on the couch, feeling relaxed. After spending some time sitting down, she got back up and walked to the large kitchen. Seeing a few dishes left in the sink, she smiled, missing the housework since the maids and butlers usually did it.

As she started doing the dishes, cleaning the dirty plates, she noticed a small TV mounted on the kitchen wall. Turning it on, she flipped through the channels until she came across the American Tank League sports news. The opening theme played, and then it finally showed two reporters sitting in their booth.

The camera focused on the two reporters, who began to introduce themselves on live TV.

"Good evening, everyone. I'm John Sanders," the first reporter said with a smile.

"And I'm Lisa Thompson," the second reporter added, nodding.

"Tonight, we have an exciting update on the American schools' status in the ongoing Sensha-Do matches against the Japanese schools," John continued. "The teams from Davy Crockett, Grand Lake High, North High, Washington Academy Boys and Girls, and Kansas Chief High are all facing formidable opponents."

Lisa picked up where he left off. "Their Japanese counterparts include Kuromorimine Girls Academy, Ooarai Girls Academy, Saunders Girls High, Pravda High, and St. Gloriana Girls School. Each of these schools is well-known in the Sensha-Do community and has a storied history in the sport."

The screen cut to highlight clips of the matches, showing tanks maneuvering and engaging in strategic battles. The American and Japanese teams displayed impressive skills and teamwork, making for an intense competition.

The reporters continued their update, with John taking the lead. "In an exclusive segment, we have a recorded interview with Marshal Commander Don Houston, who is leading the American Tankery League's high school boys in this intense competition."

The screen transitioned to a video recording. The scene showed the tanks of Davy Crockett High, including Shermans, Chaffees, and Pershings, all in formation. Behind the tanks, a convoy of Humvees carried the infantry of Rangers, driving forward in a coordinated maneuver.

Houston's voice began to play over the footage. "We are the most powerful military force in the history of man. Every fight is our fight. Because what happens over there matters over here. We don't get to sit one out. Learning to use the tools of modern warfare is the difference between the prospering of your people and utter destruction. We can't give you freedom, but we can give you the know-how to acquire it. And that, my friends, is worth more than a whole army base of steel. Sure, it matters who's got the biggest stick, but it matters a helluva lot more who's swinging it. This is a time for heroes, a time for legends like me. History is written by the victors. Let's get to work, Rangers."

As the recording ended, the footage returned to the studio, where Lisa spoke. "That was the voice of the legend and hero of the Dallas Incident, Don Houston. His words resonate deeply as his team prepares for their next challenge."

John nodded in agreement. "Indeed, Lisa. The determination and leadership of Commander Houston are truly inspiring. As the matches continue, we'll keep you updated on the progress of both the American and Japanese schools in this thrilling Sensha-Do competition."