CHAPTER 27: IS THIS LOVE?

Începe de la început

Arriving at the cemetry both Maha and Ayman got down from the car still holding hands, the last time Ayman had visited Aisha's grave was during his wedding with Maha because that was the last time he come to kano. All the memories of 3 years ago came rushing back to him like a memory reel and he held Maha's hand tightly as if he needed it to survive, he had never thought he would be able to look as Aisha's body got buried but infact he had helped in burying her. When he had held her cold and lifeless body at that time, he had wanted to transfer his heat to her so her cold body would wake up but no matter what he did she didn't wake up. Those past 3 years had been hellish but now having Maha close to him made him feel complete, he felt as though he has finally found the missing part of himself. She made him feel happiness that he had never felt before, happiness that only she can provide, she made him feel complete. Losing her is not an option, would he really be able to let her go after that 1 year? Now he is sure he would be able to, he found comfort and happiness with her. She made his house become a home, she is his home. That much he had come to realize and now he isn't willing to let go neither is he willing to accept his feelings for her.

The wind whispered through the rows of headstones, carrying the weight of grief across the cemetery. As Ayman approached Aisha's grave, he noticed the subdued sunlight casting a melancholy glow upon the cemented sand covering her resting place. The grave, adorned with faded flowers and weathered petals, seemed to cradle the memories of a life cut short.

The engraved years, 1998-2021, etched onto the cold surface, mirrored the chilling reality of her departure. The hardened ground beneath his fingertips served as a stark reminder of the permanence of loss. The once fresh mound of earth had settled into a stoic bed, concealing the warmth that once belonged to her.

He stood there, a lone figure in the quiet expanse, tracing the numerals with trembling fingers. The silence embraced the sorrow that hung heavy in the air, and the gravestone stood as a silent witness to the untold stories that lingered in the hearts of those left behind.

Finally Ayman opened his mouth to speak, for the past 3 years that he had been coming to Aisha's grave, he has never spoken. He would just sit there as his trembling hands traced her name, the year of her birth and the year of her death. Today, however, as he sat in front of the grave, though his hands were still trembling as he traced the words written on her grave, he felt a lot better than all those times he had been coming to her grave. He felt complete unlike those past three years, he  felt as though he has found a replacement of his beloved Aisha.

"I miss you." Ayman whispered, he lips and hands trembled and his eyes burned from trying to hold back his tears, he had never thought he would lose her at such a young age. It had never crossed his mind because he thought just like their parents, it is some given that they will grow old together, that they would create a mini version of themselves. But he was wrong, utterly wrong. He thought that nothing could seperate them, he had been so lost in their love that he forgot that death had the power to separate them.

"But i guess i have to let you go now." Ayman said, he turned to look at Maha who had been standing beside him the whole time, she had placed her hand on his shoulder squeezing it lightly hoping it would give him a little bit comfort. As he looked up at her, he placed his hand on her own and squeezed it and then he smiled at her.
"Even you wouldn't want to see me suffering, would you?" Ayman said, he suddenly remembered when she had told him that if she was to ever die, he should move on. She had told him that a week before their wedding and he had been so upset that he ignored her for a whole day until she apologized.
"I finally found someone." Ayman said and then he held Maha's hand and made her sit in front of the grave just like him, he was talking to the grave as if Aisha could hear him and that made Maha's heart clenched in pity for him, he must have really loved her. 23 years isn't a joke, she wondered how he had even been living a normal life without going mad, had she been the one who had lost someone whom she had loved for 23 years then she isn't sure how she would be able to move on.
"She's beautiful, kind hearted and smart." Ayman continued as he held Maha's shoulder.
"She loves me but..." Maha's shoulder dropped, whenever she thought her life is finally going well, a 'but' always appears out of no where and ruins it. But who was she kidding? Did she expect him to say she loves me and i also love her? And then they will have a happy ever after like cinderalla? Maha scoffed internally but she immediately came back to her senses. How could she be so selfish and wish Ayman would tell her he loves her when he is still grieving? The pain in his eyes were had to ignore but from what she noticed today, he didn't look as pained as he was the last time he told her about Aisha. It felt as though he is finally starting to accept reality the way it is and learning to move on. She knew he had never really accepted the fact that Aisha is dead and that is why he is still unable to move on but today it felt as though he was finally accepting her death and letting destiny play out.
"I don't know what i feel for her." Ayman continued after a long silence.
"I don't want to see her hurt and everytime tears fall from her beautiful eyes i feel like destroying what had caused her tears. I don't want to see any tears in her eyes even if the tears are tears of joy." Maha was speechless, she didn't know that he felt such strong emotions towards her, she wouldn't really know since the only person he always talks about is Aisha.
"I always want to see her beautiful green eyes shimmering like emeralds. I want to protect her, i don't want her to leave just like you did, i want to grow old with her. I want to fulfill the dreams i had with you together with her." Ayman didn't really know where all those words were coming from but he just wanted to voice out what he felt towards her to Aisha even though he knew she couldn't hear him talkless of giving him a reply. He knew Aisha couldn't hear but still sitting in front of her grave and telling her about his feeling towards Maha made him feel a lot better.

He held Maha's hand and brought her even closer to him and then hugged her as if scared that she would also die if he let her leave.
"Is this love?" Ayman whispered more to himself than to Aisha's grave or Maha but Maha clearly heard him and her heart skipped a beat.

I know i said 2 week but i decided to update for the sake of those readers that are always voting and commenting.

I get over 20+ views on every chapter but the vote turns out to be 5 or 6, please is this fair? You need data to see the update, so why not just press the vote button and then switch off your data, shikenan fah. It's as easy as that.

Just know that this chapter is for those who are always voting and commenting😊, no offence taken❤.

Enjoy💃.
Things are about to get hottt!!!!

Vote, comment and share